FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Subsector erase with Generic QUAD SPI controller II

HOcg
Beginner

I am trying to use the Generic QUAD SPI controller II with a MT25QU01G QSPI memory. In this regard, according to the memory manual, I can command subsector erases of 4 KB.

Does the HAL of this IP core allow such a function?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

We have generic Driver API's for QSPI memory like memory info, read data, write data, erase block/sector.

List of Driver API is given in below link-

https://www.intel.com/programmable/technical-pdfs/683130.pdf

We don't have specific Sub-sector erase Driver API.

-Tiwari

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

In the Generic QUAD SPI Controller II, you do not need to worry about the sector size.

You will just need to indicate the block that you would like to erase and it will determine the size of the block to be erased.

alt_qspi_controller2_erase_block(alt_flash_dev *flash_info, int block_offset)

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
HOcg
Beginner

Hi Jingyang,

Thank you for your answer, but my question here is if I can erase just part of a block. According to the comment of the function alt_qspi_controller2_erase_block(alt_flash_dev *flash_info, int block_offset):

/* ...
* Arguments:
* - *flash_info: Pointer to QSPI flash device structure.
* - block_offset: byte-addressed offset, from start of flash, of the sector to be erased

...*/

Thus from here I understand that I can only erase the memory in sectors. But I need to erase only a subsector within a given sector.

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi 

Sorry to inform you that, I am taking annual leave next week.

Please expect some delay in my reply.

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

We have generic Driver API's for QSPI memory like memory info, read data, write data, erase block/sector.

List of Driver API is given in below link-

https://www.intel.com/programmable/technical-pdfs/683130.pdf

We don't have specific Sub-sector erase Driver API.

-Tiwari

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi HOcg

Any update on this case?

The API available do not provide a method to erase sub sectors.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Since a solution have been provided and no feedback was received, I shall set this thread to close pending. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome reopen this thread within 20days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

If you happened to close this thread you might receive a survey. If you think you would rank your support experience less than 10 out of 10, please allow me to correct it before closing or if the problem can’t be corrected, please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future service experience.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos