FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5987 Discussions

Booting Cyclone IV from S25FL064L Flash

ricj
Novice

I am trying to boot a Cyclone IV from Infineon's S25FL064L flash.

When generating a .jic file, Intel does not provide built-in support for the S25FL064L device, so I had to define my own configuration device.

The resulting .jic file appears to be able to read/write registers on the flash (evidenced by the initialization sequence's read results displayed in the system console window in the Quartus programmer).

During the flash programming operation, I can see that the progress bar climbs steadily from 0% to 35%, after which, it just shoots up to 100%. Power-cycling, confirms that the FPGA is unable to successfully boot from flash.

Has anyone had success using the S25FL064L as a serial configuration device? If so, would you be able to share the configurations used when setting up the configuration device? I've attached my setup below.

Thanks!

ricj_0-1715872110399.png

Config_Device_Settings_20240516.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ricj
Novice

Attached in the picture below are the configurations that worked in the end.
Make sure to power-cycle the FPGA/DUT after programming the flash. Thanks!

Config_Device_Settings_FINAL.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ricj
Novice

Attached in the picture below are the configurations that worked in the end.
Make sure to power-cycle the FPGA/DUT after programming the flash. Thanks!

Config_Device_Settings_FINAL.png

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi ricj,

Thank you for reaching out with your question about booting a Cyclone IV from Infineon's S25FL064L flash. Based on your inquiry and the update you provided, it seems you've successfully resolved the issue.

We appreciate your update with the working configuration, which will be valuable for others facing similar issues.

Thank you for sharing your findings, and if you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to reach out.

0 Kudos