FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5955 Discussions

FPGA Connection to Processor eSPI Interface

Annu
Beginner

How do we connect the processor with eSPI interface to Cyclone 10 LP FPGA. And what are preset settings to be made in Processor and FPGA for establishing the connection. The IP, Intel eSPI slave  slave does it use any dedicated pins for establishing the connection?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi Annu

For the connection between the processor with the Cyclone10, you could use the eSPI Slave soft IP.

7. Intel eSPI Agent Core

It is available for the Cylone10.

1.2. Device Support (intel.com)

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
Annu
Beginner

Is there any example designs available for the eSPI slave IP? 

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Sorry we do not have an example designe for eSPI at the moment.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
Annu
Beginner

If you could share the testbenches and waveforms for the Intel FPGA slave it would be helpfull

0 Kudos
Annu
Beginner

Hi 

We are utilizing the cyclone 10 LP FPGA and SMARC module conga SA7 to communicate the register mapping via ESPI logic. So could you please share the testbenches and waveforms for the ESPI Slave IP

0 Kudos
Annu
Beginner

We are utilizing the cyclone 10 LP FPGA and SMARC module conga SA7 to communicate the register mapping via ESPI logic. So could you please share the testbenches and waveforms for the ESPI Slave IP.It would be very helpful for me if you could provide a testbench for read and write access from / to a peripheral channel.

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

HI Annu

You could take a look at the files below for the simulation using vsim.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi Annu

Any follow up question on this case?

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
Annu
Beginner

Your Logs show the virtual wire usage. I wanted to use the commands PUT_IORD_SHORT and PUT_IOWR_SHORT. I have tried configuring the channel zero and tried the same. I was not able to see the output in response while using PUT_IORD_SHORT. Please suggest any resolution 

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Since there are no feedback for this thread, I shall set this thread to close pending. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

If you happened to close this thread you might receive a survey. If you think you would rank your support experience less than 4 out of 10, please allow me to correct it before closing or if the problem can’t be corrected, please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future service experience.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
Annu
Beginner

I didn't see any response on query posted on03/19/202410:57 AM. Please respond to that ASAP

0 Kudos