FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5961 ディスカッション

Seeking DDR4 RDIMM x8 (2666 MT/s) for Agilex-7 (DK-SI-AGI027FA) Evaluation Board

fa_fpga_enthusiast
初心者
542件の閲覧回数

Dear Intel support,

The DDR4 DIMM module with RDIMM memory format that is currently shipped with the Intel Agilex-7 (DK-SI-AGI027FA) evaluation board supports 4 DQ pins per DQS group, making it incompatible with the "Data mask" feature in the "External Memory Interfaces IP" (DDR4 Controller) core.
To address this issue and enable the necessary functionality for writing a portion of data, we are considering replacing the current DDR4 memory module with an alternative, for example, the one that supports the RDIMM x8 version.

We kindly request your assistance in recommending a suitable DDR4 memory module with the following features:

1- The data rate of the current DDR4 RDIMM module that is available on the Evaluation Board is 2666 MT/s. A module with the same speed (2666 MT/s) would be enough for our application. 

2- For sure we need it to be RDIMM x8 version to support the "Data Mask" feature as well.
3- Also, we need a DDR4 RDIMM module which its settings and parameters are already available in the preset libraries of the "External Memory Interfaces (EMIF) IP". As you know, when we open the EMIF IP core in the Platform Designer, the preset libraries are available in the right pane of the window.

Thanks.

ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
4 返答(返信)
AdzimZM_Intel
従業員
491件の閲覧回数

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your question in Intel Community.

I'm Adzim, will assist you in this case.

Based on your criteria of the RDIMM, the preset setting will limit to RDIMM that has 2 rank x8 organization and 8GB density.

There are some RDIMM that available based on preset setting but I'm not sure if it's available in stock or not.

Some RDIMM 8GB 2 rank x8 2666-speed grade:

So I would suggest you to contact with Intel Distributor that available in your location to check on available RDIMM.

You may find Intel Distributor in here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/showcase/partner-directory/distributor.html#sort=relevancy

Regards,

Adzim

AdzimZM_Intel
従業員
486件の閲覧回数

Available preset for RDIMM in Quartus

preset.png

fa_fpga_enthusiast
初心者
393件の閲覧回数

Hello,

Thank you so much for the reply.

Best Regards.

AdzimZM_Intel
従業員
372件の閲覧回数

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

返信