FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

SocEDS SSH connect failure

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I upgraded BuildRoot yesterday in order to gain OpenCV 3.0 support. However, the resulting Linux build results in a failure when attempting to connect to the board via SSH in the SocEDS remote connection prospective: 

Session.connect: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: Prime size must be multiple of 64, and can only range from 512 to 1024 (inclusive) 

Looks like the upgraded SSL is using larger primes and in the process exposing a bug in the Eclipse Jsch plug-in. Anybody else trip over this one?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

By the way - same problem with the new ARM DS-5 DS500-BN-0021-r5p0-21rel1 release.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

And yet more info - Installed Eclipse Mars with JRE 1.8.0_51 (latest) and I can connect to my SoCKit with no problems. Looks like an update to DS-5/SocEDS from ARM/Altera will be needed to address this problem.