GPU Compute Software
Ask questions about Intel® Graphics Compute software technologies, such as OpenCL* GPU driver and oneAPI Level Zero
174 Discussions

Can't find an update for my Intel(R) HD Graphics Family Driver

prg36
Beginner

Hello,

I've been trying to use Autodesk and Photoshop on my current laptop but they are informing me that I need to update my graphics card. I tried updating it in my device manager but, as you can see in the screenshots, I'm supposedly up to date. 

I then tried updating my graphics driver using Intel Driver and Support Assistant but it said there were no software updates available for my system. I figured it was a bug. Anyways, the current driver I have is 20.19.15.5063 from 2018. I have googled for driver updates and the ones I tried didn't work and the ones that I suspect would work are drivers from 2015. 

I read somewhere online that it may be a bug so I need to uninstall my current driver, then delete (c:\programdata\intel\dsa\install-history.json), and run DSA again to get driver update suggestions. 

Does anyone know what's going on/ is willing to help me?

I have attached screenshots below.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello prg36, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. From the looks of it you are using an extremely old driver. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system. For now, I want to make sure that we have the correct model of your laptop. As stated on the screenshot, the laptop model is the Dell Latitude 3440. However, it would be best if you can share the SSU logs instead to ensure this is the correct model as I am seeing some discrepancy on the specifications on the screenshot such as the graphics used by this laptop. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
prg36
Beginner

Sure. If you need screenshots of the actual ssu logs let me know. Additionally, I downloaded Driver Easy to update all my drivers. It updated my graphics driver from 20.19.15.5063( released 2018) to 20.19.15.5171. ( released 2020). But when I scanned my driver in the device manager it updated my graphics driver back to the 2018 driver. I had to reinstall the 2020 driver. Maybe the 20.19.15.5171. isn't compatible with my laptop because Driver Easy is still saying I need to update my driver to 20.19.15.5171. when I currently have that driver.

prg36

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello prg36, 

Thank you for sharing this details. For now kindly please allow us sometime to analyze this logs and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello prg36, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Unfortunately, as with all good things, the CPU  i3-4030U that your system possess has reached the end of its interactive technical support life. However, you can find recommendations from other users at this forum and additional information at the Discontinued Products website. 

You may also reach out to your Original Equipment Manufacturer which is Dell, to help you with the search of the compatible driver for your laptop. 

I will be closing your case for now but should you need assistance with other products, feel free to create a new thread as this one will no longer be monitored. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos