GPU Compute Software
Ask questions about Intel® Graphics Compute software technologies, such as OpenCL* GPU driver and oneAPI Level Zero
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
33 Discussions

Using a GPU for a code with Fortran, MPI and under Windows

Anders_S_1
Beginner

Hi,

I want to transfer part of my Intel Fortran code to an Nvidia GTX3070 GPU to speed up computations. What are my options? I have not yet moved to OneAPI and I am running Windows for graphic output reasons. Use of MPI is also compulsory.

Best regards

Anders S

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Barbara_P_Intel

Intel oneAPI supports Intel accelerators. There is no support for Nvidia GPUs.

There are other vendors taking oneAPI DPC++ to Nvidia GPUs, but I'm not aware of anything like that for Fortran.

Anders_S_1
Beginner

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for your informative answer! Will the new ALchemist GPUs support DP FP calculations or just SP FP calculations?

Best regards

Anders S

Barbara_P_Intel

I really don't know the answer to that. Did you google for information? Seems like there's a lot of speculation about the product.

Are you aware of Intel Innovation? It's an Intel developer's conference being held October 27-28. It's virtual and free. The time zone may be tough for you, but I expect replays will be available.

Anders_S_1
Beginner

Thanks for the Intel Innovation hint. I will try to attend.

Best regards

Anders S