Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
384 Discussions

Forza Horizon 5, and Need for Speed games (Major Graphical Glitches)

SSR49
Novice

@arun_intel  @Alberto_R_Intel, ive posted 2 questions before regarding these issues and ive noticed no change ever since.

SSU log is attached with everything scanned, tried the latest OEM and generic intel drivers and updated/downgraded drivers countless times. The need for speed games always keep giving prompts to update the graphics driver to version xx.xx.15.4251 or newer

Intel Iris Xe Graphics, i7 11390H

I have observed these glitches both personally and from watching online videos of people with the same issues

Need for Speed: Payback

Vehicle taillights not being rendered correctly (often very bright/white in colour in many of the games vehicles). I have observed this glitch in intel igpus in general (10th gen and lower as well as xe graphics) but this does not seem to be a problem in any of the AMD or Nvidia GPUs.

Major stuttering issues (dips to 5-6 fps from 40-50 fps), although this could be attributed to shared video memory (lower VRAM speed)

Several other glitches especially when it comes to the environment/terrain

Need for Speed: Heat

Vehicle taillights not being rendered correctly (often very bright/white in colour in many of the games vehicles). I have observed this glitch in intel igpus in general (10th gen and lower as well as xe graphics) but this does not seem to be a problem in any of the AMD or Nvidia GPUs.

Intro video when opening the game is very stuttery, which is quite odd because its basically prerendered

Game footage shown below, (taillight of vehicle is white which is not supposed to happen)

Several other glitches especially when it comes to the environment/terrain.

Forza Horizon 5

Forza horizon 5 sometimes has dark ground textures (they dont load in correctly) and the textures outside the close draw distance seem to be fine

Even when the ground loads in as its supposed to, one glitch that i get all of the time is dark spots or patches on the ground when driving around (this is more noticeable in sunlit areas)

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello SSR49

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing these graphics issues with the Need for Speed and Forza Horizon games.

In regard to the issue with Forza Horizon 5, please open a new thread since this is a different game from the Need for Speed titles and the troubleshooting will vary, this is to avoid confusion at the time of troubleshooting as well for future community members that might check this thread.

As for Need for Speed games, please let's do the following steps and provide the following information:

• Update to the latest driver version 31.0.101.4311.
  • What distribution service were the games downloaded from?
  • Share a screenshot or video of the in-game graphics settings.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
SSR49
Novice

@Hugo_Intel 

Nothing changed using the latest driver

The games were downloaded from steam

The issues were the same with every single graphic setting i tested the games with

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello SSR49

Thank you for the information. We will check these findings with our team. Once I have an update I will post back.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello SSR49

We are still working on this issue, in the meantime we have so far released 2 newer driver updates version 31.0.101.4311 and 31.0.101.4335. Please try these updates and let us know if the same issue happens.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
SSR49
Novice
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello SSR49

Thank you for letting us know. We will continue investigating this issue, one I have more information for you I will post back.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
SSR49
Novice
0 Kudos
SSR49
Novice

Something interesting i found out when trying NFS payback: Forcing Vulkan on DirectX 11 using DXVK seems to be fixing the problems

The graphics bugs vanished but performance took a significant hit

Means the problem is most definitely driver related isnt it?

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello SSR49,

We appreciate your patience. Our team has conducted a review and found that the issue in question has a minimal impact on gameplay. As such, we have decided not to allocate further resources to this particular case at this time. However, we have compiled an article that provides insights and information related to the matter, which we hope will be of some assistance. Here's the link to the article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000093351/graphics.html

We understand this may not be the resolution you were hoping for, but please be assured that we take all reported issues seriously and are committed to identifying and addressing the root causes. Should you require any additional support, please feel free to reach out to us.

Your understanding is greatly valued, and we thank you for your continued cooperation.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello SSR49,

I'm reaching out to inquire whether you've had an opportunity to review the update I provided. Should you require any additional support or have questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're here to help you in any way we can.  

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
SSR49
Novice

its been a long time since i posted. Im no longer even facing the issue right now as I'm on a new PC

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello SSR49,

We're grateful for your patience and the details you've shared. Our apologies for any delay, as we aim to address each concern with careful consideration. Still, It's great to hear that you're not experiencing the previous issue anymore and that you're now using a new PC. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. Enjoy your computing experience!

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos