Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
446 Discussions

Red visual glitches while running Plague Tale Requiem

Alpha25
Beginner

Hello Intel Support,

Whenever i run Plague Tale:Requiem, my screen turns red overlay and after some tinkering with ingame settings the red overlay keeps on appearing while near sunlight ingame. I have also seen the same problem  happen in most intel UHD graphic cards in both high end and low end devices.

I am using a 10th gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz 1.19 GHz with Intel UHD Graphics

I did find some issues related to this and apparently  no fix was found : https://www.reddit.com/r/APlagueTale/comments/zshecm/did_anyone_else_get_a_red_screen_overlay_when/

Through disabling the post processing option in config file in folders i was able to reduce the red hue by a little

Game Version is V1.6.0.0 (20230706_1126) 

I am using the latest version of Intel UHD Graphics Driver as of 7/31/2023 and that is 31.0.101.2125

I have not found a issue like this on any other games

The game runs on Zouna engine

May you help me on this at the earliest

Thank you,

Alpha25

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Alpha25

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. We are sorry you are experiencing graphics corruption issues when playing A Plague Tale Requiem on your system.

Please share with us the following information so we can assist with this issue:

• Does the problem happen anywhere in the game?
  • What distribution service was the game downloaded from?
  • Share a screenshot of the in-game graphics settings.
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response to get more information on the hardware configuration. 

Best regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Alpha25

Were you able to check the previous post? Please share with us the requested information so we can help with this issue the information will be useful to check your system hardware and the steps needed to try replicating this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Alpha25

We have not received the information we requested in our first post from you. We will no longer monitor this thread, however, if you happen to still experience this issue you can open a new topic and provide the information so we can diagnose and troubleshoot this problem.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
AgataP
Beginner

Hello. I am experiencing the same problem, while playing the same game. During gameplay the screen is sometimes normal, but when the camera is slightly moved the red filter covers the whole screen. Cutscenes are completely red and the game is therefore unplayable. The issue is portrayed on the screenshot I made.

I tried reinstaling the drivers, manually fixing them with DriversEasy, checked the night mode and color calibration but none of those solutions worked.

Any tips?

red.png

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@AgataP   Please do yourself a favor and NOT use 3rd party driver sites like drivers cloud. You never know what information from your machine they are uploading (and to what country it is going), and you never know what payload is in the packages they are downloading.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Pat_Myaz
Beginner

I can maybe fill in some gaps as I'm having the same issues, and would love to understand anything about it.
I've added annotated photos below.

• Does the problem happen anywhere in the game?
    • Like Alpha said, it's caused by light, specifically sunlight in this case.
    • It's always worth noting, the higher the brightness of the light source, the more intense the red. This can be seen in the image shared by Aga - there is a slight overcast, while there are parts of the opening scene where the overlay is opaque.  

• What distribution service was the game downloaded from?
    • Steam for me, but I've seen many others who downloaded via Xbox Game Pass.
  • Share a screenshot of the in-game graphics settings.
    • The graphic settings that Alpha "tinkered" with are found in a config file NOT the in-game settings, so I don't know how much said screenshot would help. Whether the settings are set to ultra or low, it has no bearing on these issues.

• Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response to get more information on the hardware configuration. 
    • I'll leave this to someone else, I'm assuming that's in-part why Alpha bailed. But perhaps you could share your initial thoughts? Any hunches you may have, even if purely speculative..?
    • Have you seen this in any other game ever?? As Alpha mentioned, he hasn't..nor have I. And all reports are from integrated intel Iris graphics cards. Mine isn't UHD however, it's Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 655, which I think is a step or two down. But I know nothing about this kind of stuff..hence turning to the experts.

Photo 1Photo 1

Photo 2Photo 2

Photo 3Photo 3

0 Kudos