Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
410 Discussions

fortnite crashing in the new update

kmilo
Beginner
I have a i3-1005g1 with 8 GB's of ram and when I open a song in the festival mode it crashes in the start of the song, also in Lego fortnite crashes like 5 or 15 minutes playing and in battle Royale crashes but only when I open a mods bench so it's not that important that one.
The performance it's not the problem because I ran the game in a Pentium processor and didn't crash.
I appreciate your help, thanks.
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

kmilo, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Was these app/games working fine before on this specific machine?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
kmilo
Beginner
Hi,
1. No, this is not a new computer has been almost 2 years since I bought it.
2.it was working kinda fine but it crashed only in some creative maps
3. The issue started like a year ago but right now it's worse
4.No
5.At home, but I tried using another wifi environments
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

kmilo, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Could you please attach the SSU report so we can further assist you in finding a possible solution to this problem?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
kmilo
Beginner
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

kmilo, Thank you very much for providing the SSU report.

Based on the details shown in the SSU document, we can confirm that the graphics driver version currently installed on your computer is 31.0.101.2125, which is provided by Intel®.

For this scenario, it is important to mention that we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked on the ASUS website and the latest graphics driver version they have available is V30.0.100.9864. For testing purposes, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Driver:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Image/Driver/Graphics/24275/Graphic_IGCC_DCH_Intel_Z_V30.0.100.9864Sub1_24275.exe?model=X515JA

If the issue persists after that, for testing purposes, please try a clean installation this time of our latest graphics driver version 31.0.101.5084:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/785597/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-windows.html?wapkw=1240p

We also suggest to get in contact directly with ASUS Support to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your device or, if necessary, to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
kmilo
Beginner

I tried the manufacturer driver before posting in this forum. i clean installed the driver again to see if something changes but no, the only thing different is that the pc has a worst performance in gpu related tasks.

The driver you gave me works for 11+ gen intel prcessors, mine is an 10 gen one (i tried installing the driver but it didnt for the mentioned reasons)

The bios of my pc was already up to date, anyways i reinstalled the bios software but the problem in fortnite persists

something that i noticed is that if i play any gamemode for a long period (like 3 hours) the game crashes in any gamemode so maybe it might be a problem of the gpu working at max capacity.

thank u for your support, i beg you to fix my problem

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

kmilo, You are very welcome. Thank you very much for your response.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after following the troubleshooting steps suggested previously.

Yes, you are correct, the reason why trying to install driver version 31.0.101.5084 was suggested was for testing purposes, to confirm if the driver gets installed and if it changes the behavior of the game.

Based on your results, we will now do further research on this matter to try to find a possible solution for this scenario. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello kmilo, I just received an update on this matter.

For this scenario, we would like to let you know that it looks like this issue is not present in newer generations (11th and above), so in this case regarding a fix, as of July 27th, 2022, Intel will be moving 6th - 10th Gen Intel Processor Graphics and related Intel Atom®, Pentium®, and Celeron® processor graphics to a legacy software support model. Intel will provide software support for affected products on critical fixes and security vulnerabilities only. Software updates for these products will move to a quarterly release cadence or with software releases as needed.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
kmilo
Beginner
So instead of solving the problem I should buy a new laptop. I know having to update a driver for only a little error is not relevantz but I'm not gonna buy another PC.
Btw is outrageous that instead of gradually turning some processors to legacy updates you just threw a bunch of them, even some that we're not even 2 years old.
Please solve my issue
0 Kudos
RainbowStar
Novice
Intel support is **bleep**, they make their **bleep** mistakes and then screw those of us who purchase a product with their **bleep**ty processors, just like you, me and several others have that mistake and They respond the same, they have no intention of repairing it.
0 Kudos
Ameliajohn2
Beginner
  1. Update Drivers: Grab the latest graphics and chipset drivers from your device manufacturer’s website.

2. System and Game Updates: Ensure both your games and Windows are up to date.

3. System File Check: Open Command Prompt as an admin, type sfc /scannow, and hit Enter. This can fix corrupted system files.

4. Check Temperatures: Keep an eye on your CPU and GPU temperatures with tools like HWMonitor. Overheating can cause crashes.

5. Lower Game Settings: Try reducing the graphics settings in your games, especially since your setup uses integrated graphics.

6. Verify Game Files: If you're on platforms like Steam, use the feature to check the integrity of game files.

7. Memory Test: Run a memory test using Windows Memory Diagnostic to check for any RAM issues.

8. Close Background Apps: Make sure no unnecessary apps are running in the background.

9. Reinstall Games: Sometimes, a fresh install can resolve persistent crashes.

Hopefully, these steps will get your games running smoothly again!  

@JOHNAONA https://ehallpass.vip

0 Kudos
kmilo
Beginner
Tried all of that and more, thank u for ur interest tho
0 Kudos
Johninmen
Beginner

I have been trying to find a  driver, any link? I want to upload it to my website for my colleagues. https://colegia.info

0 Kudos
kmilo
Beginner
I tested the new driver that came a few months ago. That one didn't solve the problem.
Intel is never gonna give this generation of processors any support, I think is better to buy pc with green or red Intel, at least they have more GPU tuning
0 Kudos