Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

10 bit grayscale mobile Intel Iris Xe Graphics

condylus
Beginner

Hi,

I'm a radiologist, I'm thinking of buying a new laptop. I wanted to use it not only for office and internet applications, but also for reading radiology exams. I'm planning to connect laptop to diagnostic medical display (perhaps Barco MDCC 4430 or EIZO RX 660) via displayport. There are many laptops available with 11th gen Intel processors and Intel Iris Xe Graphics, many of them have type C USB ports (with displayport or thunderbolt).

I'm wondering if a laptop with Intel Iris Xe Graphics connected to a medical display via USB-C - displayport cable will allow viewing 10 bit grayscale DICOM images (which is the format used for radiology exams)?

Thanks in advance, 

condylus

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello condylus

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please allow us to investigate further regarding this question and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
condylus
Beginner
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello condylus

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

In regards to this request, you should need to confirm the compatibility with the display manufacturers (OEM) and also make sure that the apps/tools you will be using are compatible with the Intel® Graphics Processing Unit (GPU).

We have seen some scenarios of customers using programs that open DICOM images. However, the best thing to do is to confirm directly with the OEMs and the software developers for the proper compatibility information and guidance.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello condylus

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos