Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

945GM Express Chipset - Dual Monitor Recognized, but Black

idata
Employee

I've been using Dual Monitor with no problems on this system for 2 years with zero problems. It is an HP dv6365US wit the 945GM Express Chipset.

It was working fine last weekend. I was travelling for 4 days not using the dual monitor, then, when I returned, and plugged the second monitor back in, it didn't show any graphic.

The monitor is 100% recognized. I can move windows to it, Change its resolution, set it as main/extended monitor - do Anything I want to it. However, the power LED just blinks green and the screen is completely black. If I unplug the VGA cable, the monitor change states saying it is not receiving a signal.

The monitor shows black at startup as well.

It is not a monitor issue, I plugged in another monitor and the same thing happened.

I have already tried restoring factory drivers, then, reinstalling updated drivers, nothing worked there either.

I've done power offs and let them set and nothing.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Anyone have any possible solutions to this? Still experiencing this strange problem.

Thanks

idata
Employee

Hello

I have reset BIOS, reinstalled drivers, tried alternate monitors and still nothing.

The monitors are 100% recognized by the computer. I can change the display resolution, I can move windows to that monitor, I can do everything you can normally do with a monitor, except the screen is black and the power light flashes. It does not say "no signal" - it has its signal, it just isn't displaying anything in color! just a black, blinking screen.

It has nothing to do with the monitor. I'm using the monitor on another computer right now to type this message.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Anyone? Ideas? Seen this before?

Helllo?

0 Kudos