Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

Adapter name truncated in Arc Control, despite enough space available on the field line

Adrian_Vasile_C_
Beginner

Hello

I have both a discrete GPU - Arc A770 LE, and an integrated GPU - UHD 770 (i9-13900K).

When using Arc Control (latest version 1.70.5084.2), both graphics adapter names are unnecessarily truncated in the drop-down list control, on the System Info - Hardware page, despite there is enough space available on the line to fit the complete adapter name.

The Arc Control window is not resizable, so users can not influence the size of the page or the respective controls.

See the drop-down list control, on the right, for selecting the GPU in the below screenshot:

Adrian_Vasile_C__0-1692126884736.png

I have also attached the Intel SSU report.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Adrian_Vasile_C_,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I see that you are having issues with your Intel® Arc™ Control, I understand how important is for you to have this software working, I will be happy to help you.  

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions:

Let me know the results

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Adrian_Vasile_C_,

Were you able to update driver to version 31.0.101.4644 to check if the behavior changes?

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Adrian_Vasile_C_
Beginner

Yes, same issue occurs with the new driver:

Adrian_Vasile_C__0-1692729615480.png

Adrian_Vasile_C__1-1692729642557.png

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Adrian_Vasile_C_,

Thank you for your answer, and for completing all the steps.

I will investigate more information about this issue, to check if this is a normal behavior, and if there is a way to change it, I will let you know as soon as possible.

Regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Adrian_Vasile_C_,

Thank you for your time.

We still working on the investigation, now we are going to try to replicate the issue, as soon I have the results I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Adrian_Vasile_C_,

Thank you for your time.

We have been working on the investigation and the issue has been replicated, looks like it is intended. We have tested it on a laptop at 3840x2400 resolution and the Intel® Arc Control overlay seems to scale enough, but depending on the resolution it does not fit.

We want to thank you for letting us know about this, and for sharing all the information, it has been really helpful. I have submitted this feedback to the corresponding team, it will be evaluated soon.

For now, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos