Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

After installing the driver there is no intel HD Graphics Cntrol Panel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ru/download/28163/-Intel-Windows-15-40-?product=75116 these drivers are very buggy and unstable I hope you update them

i7
Beginner

Windows 10 October 2018 Update 1809 (17763.194) x64

Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ HD Graphics 4600

0 Kudos
22 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

I would recommend you to completely uninstall full graphics software by using revo uninstaller software , then restart the windows , after reinstall the graphics software

0 Kudos
i7
Beginner

I tried and Display Driver Uninstaller, and manually installed the driver, nothing helps, and windows reinstalled did not help.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello i7 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. This issue can be due to a comparability issue because the Intel® graphics diver is not compatible with Windows 10 October 2018 Update 1809; the comparable operating systems (OS) information is available on the readme file for the Intel® Graphics driver (https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28163/eng/ReadMe64.txt), In this case, the driver can be used with Windows® 10 up to the April 2018 Update 1803 (build: 17134). Have you tested the system with a previous OS build? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
i7
Beginner

Prior to this, it worked fine on 1809, but after the system was updated, drivers from the update center were automatically installed and the "intel HD Graphics Cntrol Panel" stopped appearing.

These drivers are downloaded from the update center https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=907248c2-9c2e-4c31-936f-90e4a33ff42c

Preventing the installation of these drivers does not work, I already wrote here told to contact Microsoft, wrote Microsoft have said, contact Intel.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello Thank you for the information. • Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the Intel® HD graphics control panel form Microsoft® store? • If the system is working with a discrete graphics card try to disable the discrete graphic card and test the system. • Have you tried completing windows updates? • What is your hardware configuration? (Motherboard, RAM, discrete graphics cards). • In order to help you better, I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System. Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
i7
Beginner

I tried (Intel® HD graphics control panel form Microsoft® store), not suitable for HD 4600.

I can not, in the BIOS there is no possibility to disable it.

Yes, fully completed

Notebook Asus X750JB  https://www.asus.com/ru/Laptops/X750JB/specifications/

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello i7 Thank you for the information. Have you tried a clean installation of the Intel® graphics driver? Please refer to the steps below. Steps to complete the clean installation: First, you will have download the Intel® HD graphics 4600 driver version on the following link https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28163/a08/win64_15.40.41.5058.zip, once the driver is downloaded please make sure that the unit is not connected to internet during the uninstall/install driver to avoid any automatic update, and follow these steps to uninstall the graphics drivers: 1. On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc 2. Expand the Display Adapters section. 3. Find the Intel® Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver). 4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall. 5. Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device. 6. Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished. Complete this process until you find the Microsoft® basic display adapter. Once you get to Microsoft® basic display adapter, please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver: 1. Use the .zip file downloaded previously. 2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder. 3. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager. 4. Click “Yes” when prompted for permission from User Account Control. 5. Expand the Display adapters section. 6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. 7. Click “Browse my computer for driver software”. 8. Click “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”. 9. Click “Have Disk”. 10. Click “Browse”. 11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called “Graphics”. 12. Select the file called “igdlh64” or “igdlh”. 13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click “Next”. Drivers are now being installed. 14. Reboot your computer. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
i7
Beginner

Here is how I did it:

1) Turned off the Internet

2) Deleted the driver through "applications and functions", rebooted the computer.

3) After the reboot, checked in the device manager, whether it was deleted or not. Yes Deleted "Displayed as Microsoft® basic display adapter"

4) Rebooted to safe mode, and cleaners with the help of the program "Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)"

5) Rebooted to normal mode.

6) Installed the driver ( win64_15.40.41.5058 ), completely without problems. Rebooted computer

The driver is installed but the "Intel® HD graphics control panel" is not in the context menu and control panel.

Even in the folder it is missing, as if excluded during installation.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello i7 Thank you for the information. I recommend trying the clean installation of the Intel® graphics driver as proposed on the previous post if after the installation of the Intel® graphics driver you have the same outcome you can try to rollback the OS as advice at the beginning of the thread because this could because OS build the not validated/compatible with the driver version. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
i7
Beginner

according to your instructions also did not help.

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

display driver uninstaller does not delete registry settings which are settled by old graphics drivers , thats why you didnt got control panel.

try with revo uninstaller software ,it will delete registry settings too and then restart the windows , then install

I tried with many computers , I got succeed

0 Kudos
i7
Beginner

tried with revo uninstaller, did not help

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello i7 Thank you for the information. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility to have detail information about your system configuration. Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Provide me with a picture of the of the available drivers during the manual installation of the Intel® graphics drivers following these steps 1- Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager. 2- Click “Yes” when prompted for permission from User Account Control. 3- Expand the Display adapters section. 4- Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. 5- Click “Browse my computer for driver software”. 6- Click “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”. 7- Take a screenshot of the available drivers and attach to the thread. 8- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
i7
Beginner
0 Kudos
i7
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
i7
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello i7

Thank you for waiting.

I have complete the installation of Windows® 10 1809 on a XPS 15 9530 with an Intel® Core™ i7-4702HQ Processor, Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (driver 20.19.15.5058) and NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (driver 24.21.13.9811) and I don't have any problem to open/use the Intel® HD graphics control panel (see file attack for reference). 

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello i7 Thank you for the information. Allow me to investigate the behavior, o will be posting back when news becomes available. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello i7 I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
i7
Beginner

in short, I had to completely reinstall windows

0 Kudos