Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

After resuming from sleep my screen just flashes and displays vertical lines

yfei1
Beginner

Hi, I just updated my laptop i5-6200U Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 to latest graphics driver 22.20.16.4749

After resuming from sleep my screen just flashes and displays vertical lines. I can't see the desktop just the lines and flashing screen.

I have to power off the machine and reboot to get back into windows.

Seems to be an issue with the latest update as previous driver worked ok.

4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi acer-fee: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Graphics communities. We are sorry to hear the laptop is not working properly.

In order to try to fix this issue we always recommend to use install the drivers provided by the manufacturer of the laptop, also, a BIOS update to the latest version is good thing to try as well.

There is a new driver version for the Intel® HD 520 graphics controller, it is version 4849:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27266/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=88355 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27266/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=88355

Did you made any recent hardware/software changes on the laptop?

In order to provide a more accurate response, please provide the DxDiag report:

On the search bar, enter DxDiag, run it and wait until it completes the process, then select the option "All Information", and attached that file to the thread. To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
BBear4
Beginner

I have been having this issue as well. I have installed the most recent drivers. (Intel Graphics 530). When I leave my computer for a period of time and then come back to wake the computer up from sleep mode and enter my password both of my monitors (Dual-Monitor Computer Desktop) are displaying White vertical lines with shades of blackish color. I have done a factory reset on my computer and then reinstalled the drivers again. How can I go about installing or updating the BIOS?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

BrandenB: To provide further assistance for this scenario, please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

/community/tech https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

acer-fee: I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos