Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

After update that I cant uninstall some games run very slow

johnyfreeman
Beginner

After I updated graphics card and another intel itens some of my games run very slow (locked at 1 fps) and nothing I do can make them run normally, I noticed that this happens with games that use dx10 but not only with these games, and even with a reinstallation of the system the problem continues (all drivers and BIOS are updated)

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U

Memory : 8192MB RAM

Intel UHD 620

The dxdiag is attached

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello johnyfreeman,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Can you provide a list of the apps and games affected?

3. Can you take a short video where the issue is visible?

4. Was the issue present in Windows 10?

5. Have you checked this issue with DELL?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
johnyfreeman
Beginner

1) SSU results attached

2)

This happens in these games:

Neverwinter Online
League of Legends
Assassins Creed IV
Far Cry 3
Just Cause 2

These are the ones that I tested.

This happened also with the steam app but the problem disappeared after I changed some settings.

3) There is a example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-j_S057a9Q

and another attached (captured in Neverwinter, but the lag is exactly the same in the others I tested)

4) The problem started in Windows 10, after a fresh install and update to Win 11 the problem still happening

5) Not yet, I will do this as soon as possible,  I started here because the problem started after the update of some intel services.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello johnyfreeman, 

In order to help you further, please try the following:

- Perform a clean installation of the latest Intel drivers:

1. Steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

2. Driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
johnyfreeman
Beginner
This driver In the link don't work right.
I have a question. If the wrong driver is installed can this problem happen?

Because I think that the Dell driver download pages may be indicating drivers for other devices. Or incompatible

Even in SupportAssist which is exactly meant for update it seems to be installing incorrect driver
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello johnyfreeman, 

In order to continue, I would like to confirm the following:

1. What do you mean by "driver In the link doesn't work right."?

2. Does the issue persist with driver version 30.0.101.1069?

3. Did you get an error during the installation?

4. Did you follow the steps provided to install the driver?

Also, most drivers have a way to determine if are compatible with the laptop where is being installed to avoid issues, however, if an incompatible driver is installed this causes bad performance and some issues with your laptop.

Check with Dell to confirm which are the correct driver for your laptop and also for any hardware/software issues due to that the issue was also present on Windows 10.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
johnyfreeman
Beginner

1, 2) The link worked but the drivers installed caused the same issue. I upgraded to the most recent and same problem.

I installed a graphic a bit older and one of the games I tested (Just Cause 2) worked right, what means that its probably a driver issue. But I'm not sure if it's 100% compatible.

The driver from this link:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=cygg3

Installed without warnings of compatibility

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello johnyfreeman, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
johnyfreeman
Beginner
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello johnyfreeman, 

In order to continue, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Which specific update was performed before the issue start? Windows? Drivers? To which specific version?

2. Can you try with the BETA driver version?

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19387/intel-graphics-beta-windows-dch-drivers.html

3. Can you take a screenshot of the task manager under the "performance" tab while running the games.

4. Can you provide us with steps to replicate this issue?

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
johnyfreeman
Beginner

1) It was not Windows but the update that started the problem it updated some drivers and components but as for the version I am not sure, the updates were by Windows Update itself and after installation just don't remember the version well. I was putting them off for a while because everything was working normally but then I decided to update and this problem started, this was in September, near the end of the month and after this problem I reinstalled the system to try to solve it but it didn't work, after some time I installed Windows 11 and the problem came along.

2) Tested, and both didn't work. Only this older version that I downloaded from dell's website still works (26.20.100.8141)

3) Attached, But after testing I observed that this problem does not affect only these games, but some software that optionally depend on hardware acceleration as well, in this case was Chrome and Steam, disabling hardware acceleration makes them work normally (in the case of Chrome the pages load more normally but there is a delay in the interface, in Steam the delay is much greater, and affects even loading interfaces such as the library, store, etc.).

4) I don't know exactly, everything is up to date and everything is working except this problem with graphics drivers. I think I will post on the dell forums as well and see if they can tell me something.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello johnyfreeman, 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello johnyfreeman, 

I noticed that your disk is reaching high usage while the GPU and CPU are having low numbers, I recommend you to check on that too since the issue may be related to a different component.

Also, I would like to replicate this issue and I would appreciate it if you share a "steps by step" about how you reproduce this issue. This would allow me to follow the same steps in order to get the same results.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
johnyfreeman
Beginner

The disk usage in the screenshot happens probably because I use a HDD not SSD, and the Defender sometimes scan the system for malware, not always 100% usage, normally keep less than 20%. 

And about replicating the issue I'm not sure how, because while I was in Windows 10 one night all was working right and I noticed some pending updates, after updated I oppened my game normally and noticed this problem, If I remember the system was version 20H1 and updated to 21H1 or 21H2.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello johnyfreeman,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello johnyfreeman, 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello johnyfreeman, 

I have performed some tests about this issue, however, I did not get the same results either with Windows 10 or Windows 11 (using the latest drivers) as you can see in the videos attached. 

I recommend you to try a clean installation of the latest drives and try again, please let me know if the issue persists.

- Clean install:

1. Steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

2. Driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello johnyfreeman,  

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello johnyfreeman,  

I would like to let you know that we have not seen the issues using our latest drivers, our best recommendation is to update the driver to our latest release.

If the issue persists the best is to contact DELL for guidance or advice since we also noticed that the disk is reaching high usage. I will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos