Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

All graphics drivers getting code 43

Crux1496
Beginner
I have a uhd graphics 620, I installed windows 10 on my hp notebook 15-da1009ni and none of the drivers that I have installed work, it's either the screen goes black or I get a code 43. The screen turns on so I think the graphics card is working.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Crux1496
Beginner
I downloaded the Susan's here is the folder:
0 Kudos
Crux1496
Beginner
Sorry bout the typo, I meant that I downloaded the ssu (system support utility) and that's the results file:
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Crux1496,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please take a look at the recommendations below and let us know if the issue persists.

-Please take a look at the article down below, you will find troubleshooting steps to address this Code 43 error.

Error Code 43 with Intel® Graphics Controller

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022490.html

-If the previous steps did not work please try to complete a clean installation of the latest drivers available for your system, start with the one customized for your system coming from HP’s website, and if that one doesn’t fix the issue continue with our latest generic driver.

HP’s driver

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

To found the right driver please follow this path: Laptop > let HP detect your product > Graphics controller > Choose to download the latest Intel driver.

Generic driver

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30148/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Note: If the installation with the .exe file is unsuccessful please try with the .zip version of the driver.

Instructions:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Crux1496
Beginner
I tried out the drivers from hp support and I got the black screen again but the pc keeps working in the background because if I keep pressing shift it beeps for sticky keys.

Then I tried the drivers from Intel support website and I got error code 43.

Tried the troubleshooting before trying to install the drivers but it didn't change anything.

I'm ready confused right now.
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Crux1496,

Normally when you reinstalled Windows on a computer the only thing that you need to do is to actually let the operating system itself complete the updates needed and since your computer is a laptop the customized drivers from in this case HP will be added automatically; however, it is strange than after the reinstallation was complete you ended up with this problem.

It is worth mentioning that you are getting this error 43 only with our driver; however, it is normal that your computer won’t accept our driver because of the lack of customization in it, usually, a customized driver is the one you need for your laptop; however the black screen problem appears with it, we believe the options that you have available right now is to either retry the installation and let windows updates complete everything and if that doesn’t work or you don’t want to go through all of that again you can actually report the customized driver error directly with HP’s support.

You can find an example of the steps to complete a clean installation here, for guidance please contact Microsoft Support.

HP’s support

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Crux1496
Beginner
I've already tried reinstalling the windows and letting it update on its own, I'm getting a error code 43 with those drivers as well.

Could it be a problem with the graphics card?
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Crux1496,

Based on the information provided it could definitely be an internal issue more related to hardware than software; therefore, please get in touch with HP’s support and report the issue directly with them.

*We will proceed to close this thread; however, if you need any additional information you are more than welcome to submit a new question, just bear in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos