Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20954 Discussions

An entry in sys env variables for IGCCSVC_DB has a base64 string as a value, curious what it is

Tw-batch
Beginner
I'm assuming IGCCSVC_DB is the intel graphics control center database. Its entry in the system environmental variables is a base64 string, decoded its obfuscated so I'm not sure what it represents. the only information I could find online was a bleeping computer thread where it was treated as an issue, with the end result being the poster disabling the intel graphics command center service.The thread was not clear on why it was an issue however, so I'm curious if it actually is. What is the purpose of the entry, and is it a normal occurrence?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Tw-batch, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In reference to this scenario and in order to provide the most accurate response to your inquiry, I will do further research on this matter. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Tw-batch, I just received an update on this matter.

While we are still working on this scenario, could you please provide the following details:

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

-Where are you seeing this information, do you have the option to share screenshots of it so we can verify those details as well?

-How is this affecting your system?

-What is the name of the software that detected this as a thread?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Tw-batch
Beginner

sure I attached a screenshot as well as the scan output. This is the value for IGCCSVC_DB that I'm referencing since its to large to fit in the screenshot:
AQAAANCMnd8BFdERjHoAwE/Cl+sBAAAAMFXZQlWPY0WxL81UtJ1/uwQAAAACAAAAAAAQZgAAAAEAACAAAABtoPdqg9gGfWd2/tKdEnyfzPX9ovj+7Y0xHB24RBoAJAAAAAAOgAAAAAIAACAAAADNpA4z1ccyeYOD2OMAJKG/IToPF3KB7m8Y0OVlWDyVnGAAAADLz1jaI3utemoNVb5+jQEot25uylIK/KkMjcKyKEyb2X/6vHe9ci0KKGxVpHXMxxMRMmhpflaRCA7+J3C+SLHLm3sdeWn1xRDMIlgz/cJioZQzUziG9LCSUhAcRoVFoEJAAAAAXkAnOBW3BOMaksKqIqrfckD17XPhfP7s9fBj/PwQ5U/BkhDqA21B0Y59SpngT9DP1neGU7HjLOEJhsF1q/THCQ==

To clarify I haven't seen any issues of note due to this. I saw it as an entry in system variables and was curious what its purpose was. When I looked for further info the only thing I found was this forum post and thread on the website bleepingcomputer https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/789314/help-needed-odd-in-speccy-igccsvc-db/ where a person has a similar entry in system variables. The entry is looked at as an issue by the person providing support, and they ultimately have the person disable the intel graphics command center service. however it lacked information as to why this would be considered an issue, leaving me unconvinced its not just a normal occurrence for the entry to be present. I just wanted to see if it is or not. I just did a clean windows install about a week ago just to note.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Tw-batch, Thank you very much for providing that information, the SSU report, and the picture.

Thank you also for clarifying those details about your request. We will continue working on this case and I will provide a response on this thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Tw-batch, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case, we can confirm that we use the IGCCSVC_DB entry for the Intel® GCC application. We have no reason to believe it should be causing any issues. The option to disable the service from the third-party site just basically disables the Intel® GCC itself, and for that reason, is not recommended.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear Tw-batch,

I trust this message finds you in good health.

I wanted to inquire if you had the opportunity to review the preceding post.

I wish to assert that we indeed employ the IGCCSVC_DB entry for the Intel® GCC application. Our assessment suggests no compelling reason to suspect that it may be the source of any concerns. It is essential to emphasize that deactivating the service via a third-party source essentially disables the Intel® GCC itself, and, for this reason, is not a recommended course of action.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. Alternatively, in the absence of any outstanding issues, we shall proceed to close the case.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello Tw-batch

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos