Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Android Studio not working and if it open then way too slow

darren22williams
Beginner

Android studio is not working properly and I am facing the same issue again.

Have been a serious graphic problem for some days, has happened when using Android Studio. Yesterday Dell in battery mode, today operated with a power supply. Today: Everything worked again, except for Android Studio, strong picture noise, Windows crashes somehow, after reboot it goes again.

Strangely enough, the system has enough configuration to run programs like this easily. Automatic switching of graphics modes no longer seems to work.

My laptop configuration.

Dell Inspiron 3493 14-inch

OS - Windows 10

1.00GhzGHz Intel Ci5-1035G1 10th Gen processor

8GB DDR4 RAM

1TB 5400rpm hard drive

1TB SATA HDD, 8GB DDR4 RAM, Intel HD Graphics

Also, it  gets too much heated on running heavy software like android studio (which I required on daily basis)

So my question is what should I do in this situation? is it a better idea to get Nvidia graphic card and replace HDD with SSD?

Best Regard

Darren From Usersadvice

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello darren22williams,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

Laptops are highly customized systems, and since you are using a Dell* model we cannot confirm if any integration or modification on the system will help you with the performance or if the components will be compatible. In this case, Intel just provides the CPU in stock settings to be integrated on the system and we do not have control over any customization that the equipment manufacturer has performed or about the other components they used on the system. The best course of action is to contact the equipment manufacturer to confirm this type of change in their system design. 

I can check some details and verify if we can provide you some steps to fix this. If you agree please provide us with the below information:

• Is the issue just with the Android Studio app? Was it working fine before? (please provide details, like the version you're using and if it started after a Windows*/driver update)
  • If possible attach a picture or video of the behavior.
  • Regarding the heat on your laptop, can you please confirm the temperature reached and the tool you are using to monitor it?

Please run the following tools in Windows* and attach the reports generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (IPDT)

• Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool download.
  • The diagnostic tool checks for brand identification, verifies the processor operating frequency, tests specific processor features, and performs a stress test on the processor.
  • To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello darren22williams,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello darren22williams,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos