Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21227 Discussions

Arc 770 in Razer Core X + Lenovo Legion i7 2022

Listeh
Beginner
Hi, Hoping for some help with this, as I’m going round in circles. I have a Lenovo Legion i7 with a 12800HX , 32Gb DDR5 and a 3070ti 8Gb. Alongside this I have a Razer Core X which is used for their rendering tasks. It had a 1080 to in it until most recently it I need to have AV1 encoding, so bought a 770 16Gb. My problem is I can’t get either the latest stable or beta Intel GPU drivers to install. It hangs midway through and then reboots, when I log back in 5he system freezes again. I’ve tried combinations of disabling the integrated GPU and the discrete GPU but can’t seem to get to a stable install where all GPUs work. The Arc is the only GPU plugged into and external monitor, via a display port connection at 1440p. Any help would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I’ll have to return the card I think.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

FWIW I tested my Arc A770 on Manjaro/Linux with my Razer Core X a while back and it initialised and ran as expected, but the performance hit via the TB4 connection (and more importantly the lack of ReBAR on my TGL SFF) meant that it wasn't a pleasant experience for any gaming for example.

While there is technically no reason ReBAR can't be enabled over TB (it's basically a tunneled PCIe 3.0 x4 connection), it's unusual to be enabled via that interface, and without it the Arc cards will suffer quite badly unfortunately.

Screenshot-from-2023-01-25-20-43-08

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Listeh

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues trying to install drivers on your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics.

If I may jump into the conversation, I would like to ask you for the following information:

• I see you tried disabling the integrated GPU and discrete GPU, Does the exact same issue happen when doing this?
  • Have you tried connecting the monitor to the other GPU and try to install the driver that way?
  • Is Resizable BAR enabled on your system?
  • If possible, please share with us a short video showing the issue.

Also, please create the following report and attach them:

How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows

Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers( Intel Graphics Command Center only)

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Listeh

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Listeh

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Listeh

Before closing this thread we would recommend checking that the enclosure meets the Intel® Arc™ GPU requirements with the enclosure manufacturer. Check the following article for requirements:

Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics – Desktop Quick Start Guide

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos