Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20639 Discussions

Arc A770 Multi Display issues.

miyagi90
New Contributor I

Hey there im currently using an A770 and im having massive trouble with my two Display Setup.

On is Connected with DP the Other with HDMI.

Everytime i get a bsod or update anything my Display connected via DP won´t post.

The hdmi is fine everytime but not the DP.

To fix this is have to plug out the DP cable plug it back in restart and hope it will work.

Today i only got a picture after reseting it, plug out the hdmi cable waited till the second screen worked again and pluged the hdmi cable back in.

The weird thing is in bios the DP Display always posts. So a connection is there but it just won´t display anything in windows. 

Im on Driver version 31.0.101.414

HDMI Display is a Dell P2422H running on 60 Hertz

The DP Display is a Asus VG248 running on 144 Hertz.

Cheers

Labels (1)
33 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello miyagi90

We will continue checking this issue with our team. Once I have an update with further troubleshooting for you, I will post back.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
miyagi90
New Contributor I

Hey Hugo,

Thank you. 

I do realise that this is a relatively minor issue and fully understand that its not top priority but i still wanna thank you for work. 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello miyagi90

Thank you for your patience. We will need another log file to further investigate this issue, however, please let's first try updating to the latest driver that recently came out version 31.0.101.4314.

If the issue persists the log files we will need are located at C:\Windows\Minidump\, share with us all the files from the folder. Make sure to gather the log files only right after a BSOD happens so it gets documented in the logs.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
miyagi90
New Contributor I

Hey Hugo!

Im gonna test it and come back to you.

But i gotta say that with every driver version so far the card got a lot more stable so i don´t have a lot of bsod´s anymore 🙂 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello miyagi90

Let us know the results once you have the spare time to test it, also there is an even newer driver version 31.0.101.4335 so please let's try using that one instead and share the log files if the issue persists.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
miyagi90
New Contributor I

Hey Hugo,

With version 31.0.101.4314. i encountered zero crashes or BSOD´s but i can say that this time my display gor recognized after driver update.

If you know about way to "force" a blue screen let me know and i will test it.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello miyagi90

We would not be able to provide advice on how to force a BSOD on your system as it might result in loss of data or damages to the Operating System. Most likely the constant driver updates as well as probable Windows updates have improved the compatibility as well as the stability of your system. The best we can do will be to monitor the system for some more days and see if the issue happens again or not.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello miyagi90

Please let us know how the system has been working these days and whether the issue happened again.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello miyagi90

Please share with us an update about the status of your system. Is this problem not happening anymore? Let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello miyagi90

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
TheSahark
Beginner
Now as I'm having the same issue, the question is this. I can't even see bios with a Displayport cable. Only HDMI. How do I update drivers on Linux Manjaro i3?
0 Kudos
vaarii
Beginner

I'm afraid I got the same issue this threat refers to.

At first I thougt of a hardware issue, so i had my A770 replaced with another one. But the issue remains.

I tried:

- different cables (for DP, HDMI always worked)

- different monitors (DELL, AOC, HP)

- different operating systems (Windows, Linux)

- different driver versions (up to .4669)

@Hugo_Intel  - do you guys got any updates on this?
If I can assist with any more testing, feel free to guide me ^^

Thanks and best regards,
vaarii

0 Kudos
Vohn
Beginner

Hi, 

I have the same issue with my Asrock Phantom gaming Arc A770 16GB. when start the PC only the monitor with HDMI cable connected has display. the other monitor in DP has no display. but if I remove the hdmi before starting the pc the monitor with DP will have display working. I recently replaced my rx 6600 with this GPU. I Uninstalled all AMD driver already.

0 Kudos