Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Automatic driver installation failing

Saabjock
Novice

Since receiving my ARC A770-16 two weeks ago, both driver installs (initial 31.0.101.3975 beta) and today...(31.0.101.4032) have failed when attempting to use the .exe package.

In both cases, the launcher will start just fine...followed by the mouse becoming very erratic then freezing.

This is followed by a GSOD and a reboot after data collection.

On log-in, the installer will resume with the same result unless you cancel it. 

The .zip package has worked very well in both cases.

I simply extract the files and then from the Device Manager, select update driver, manually browse to the file and select it.

Once installed, the performance is great and stable.

I am using an MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  (BIOS is latest with Agesa 1.2.0.7)) with a Ryzen 5-5600X and 32 GB of TimeTec DDR4-3600. No PBO and no XML are enabled.

(FILEminimizer) 20221229_213027.jpg(FILEminimizer) 20221229_213035.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Saabjock,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities.  

We really appreciate your feedback and comments related to the graphics driver installation, and for letting us know the way how you were able to install it. For us, this is very important to continue improving our products and helping our customers.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Saabjock,

To able to report the issue and gather all the necessary information please answer the following questions:

You can find the steps on the link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Saabjock,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

Andres P.  

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Saabjock,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P.  

0 Kudos
Saabjock
Novice

This lockup and crashing has occurred on every single driver I have tried to install on ARC A770-16 since receiving the card on Dec 19th.

It happened again today with 31.0.101.4034.

I made the mistake of downloading the .exe driver package to see if it would work this time out.... no!

It was even worse.....

On those previous driver installation attempts, I could simply exit out of the driver installation AFTER the login on PC restart.

The newest driver attempt listed above, caused even the task manager to hang before I could shutdown the continued installation.

It got into a vicious reboot cycle, with me having to hold the shift key to get to the startup options in safe mode.

I cannot think of one single reason why a driver installation should fail like that....over multiple drivers.

0 Kudos