Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Avigilon

ScottN813
Beginner

Does anyone have any idea why only devices with the Iris XE graphics have been having video freezing issues with Avigilon Control Center Client and Avigilon Player. Live camera feed and video playback figures will freeze in place but upon pausing, will show up in the place they're suppose to be at that timestamp. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
10 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello ScottN813

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Please share with us the following:

• Only Avigilon products show these types of problems?
  • Do you see a similar behavior or different software applications?
  • Did you make any changes before this happened?
  • Did they work properly before?
  • Did you contact the support for the application?
  • Did you test different drivers?
  • Which operating system and what version do you use?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
ScottN813
Beginner

Our organization uses Dell products exclusively. We did not have the issue at all with our Latitude E5000 and E6000 series laptops. We are currently in the middle of a company wide hardware refresh where users are having their laptops replaced with newer Latitude 5520's with Windows 10 Enterprise 20h2 and 21h1

We have only had this issue with Avigilon software when using the Iris XE graphics, and I've tried using different versions of the driver to no avail.

We have contacted Aviglion and they have said that it's on Intel's end.

I have found that uninstalling the driver and allowing the device to use a generic driver fixes the issue. However, the problem is the users who use the Avigilon software also have Dell USB-C docks and when the dock is plugged in, the Iris driver reinstalls.

I hope this answers you questions.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update ScottN813.

To continue with the investigation, we need the driver versions tested. Did you download them from the Intel website? Do you get the same problem with the customized Dell drivers?

To replicate this, please share with us the exact steps and a video (if possible) in case we don't get the same outcome.

Did Avigilon indicate this was a driver issue? graphics generation issue or did they indicate anything else?

Make sure to include the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results of one of the affected computers.

• Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
  • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
KelleyM
Beginner

David,

I can reply to your questions, I've tried all 5 of the Dell versions on the driver which are 27.20.100.8853, 9079, 9415, 9510, and the latest 9565. All exhibit the same behavior. We're experiencing this on the Dell Latitude 7420 laptop with the Iris Xe chipset. I've also tired the Intel driver 9466 with no luck. We see this with Avigilon ACC version 6 and Version 7. 

It will not stream the live video and cannot view the recorded video. When you open a camera to view it, it's just a still image. However, if you move your mouse cursor into the video and use the scroll wheel it will advance the video kind of frame by frame or multiple frames at a time. I got the same answer from Avigilon that the other person got was that "It's on Intel's end" which to me says that it's a cop out by Avigilon that they didn't look into how the Iris chipset would affect their software when Iris was released. Although from what I'm seeing in this thread is that there are three common parts to this issue, It's Avigilon, Iris, AND Dell hardware. Since we're a Dell shop, so to speak, I haven't been able to test any other Iris powered hardware from other Mfg's. I don't see issues with any other streaming type services so not sure if it's the way they stream H.264 or what's going on. If you come across something or need any further info I'll keep an eye on this thread. Thanks in adavance.

0 Kudos
KelleyM
Beginner

David,

Apologies I forgot to attach that SSU Scan. Here it is.

Thanks again, 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided. We are currently working on this request, the updates will be posted on this thread.

Regards, 

David G 

ChrisGibson
Beginner

Just to add to this discussion, we have the exact same issue, although the current beta drivers fix it for those having the same issues.  

The 30.0.100.9667 did the trick!

0 Kudos
KelleyM
Beginner

Thank you!!!! That fixed it for us as well. Don't like having to use a beta driver for use on our manager laptops but we needed a solution and this at least go us going until Intel releases the final version of 9667. Thanks again for the info. 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the updates, we're glad to hear the new driver resolved the problem. You can continue using the beta driver until the full production version is released, that version will include the same fixes as the beta driver but there is not an exact date of when it will be released. Please stay tuned and check our download page for new drivers:

@ScottN813 please use the latest beta driver to resolve this.

Since the thread is now solved, we will close it now.  If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos