Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Bad Intel GPU Utilization(Intel UHD 620)

Dense
Novice

My Intel UHD 620 has really low GPU utilization with the newer intel DCH drivers.

OEM drivers work fine but due to it being outdated( last update 2019) it will very rarely crash the game at random.

But the thing is there was a DCH driver that worked super well (better fps and a overall a smoother experience than the OEM driver) but ever since i updated from it i could not find it anymore.

System specifications:

Acer Aspire 3 (A315-53-50Y7)

System specs:

Intel I5 8th gen(8250U)

Intel UHD 620 graphics

8gb of ram

intel optane memory/ 1000gb hdd

0 Kudos
10 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Dense

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

We need more information from your system to assist you on this request:

• Which operating system do you use? Which version?
  • Which driver versions did you test?
  • Did you check with the manufacturer of the computer for newer customized drivers?
  • Which game is crashing? Does it only happen with one game?
  • Which driver version do you have installed right now?

I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile requesting some reports that may contain sensitive information. 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Dense
Novice

1.My OS is a windows 10 64 bit.

2.I tested the 27.20.100.9168 driver.

3.I have checked, the newest they had was from 9/25/2019(26.20.100.7261)

4.I only remember it crashing with Fortnite.

5.Im currently using the latest OEM drivers 9/25/2019(26.20.100.7261)

0 Kudos
Florencion
Beginner

Compared to the average HD Graphics 620, the UHD graphics profits from the quad-core CPU a bit in our gaming benchmarks.  In our tests, the UHD 620 is most suited for casual games like Team Fortress 2, Rocket League or Farming Simulator 17. See below for a list of modern games tested with various models.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Dense

As a friendly reminder, we are still waiting for the reports that must be provided via email. Once you have the chance to gather the information, please let us know.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
Dense
Novice

I sent it, if there is anymore problems let me know.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Dense

Thank you for the information provided,

On the reports, we noticed that you're not running the latest drivers or BIOS version. For the BIOS update process, you'll need to contact the manufacturer of your laptop.

We recommend using the drivers from the OEM because of the customizations included, but in this case, their latest driver is from 2018:

Please try a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Driver using the latest drivers available for testing:

Please test the drivers for some time and let us know the outcome.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
Dense
Novice

I have updated my bios to the latest version and tested both driver versions.

the Driver version 27.20.100.9077 has the same low fps problems/ stuttering mess , but the Driver version 27.20.100.9313 works very good i have 60 constant frames in creative but in bup matches i get noticeable stutters and it has randomly crashed in two instances but so far its good, it seems way better( in terms of performance) than most DCH driver for the Intel UHD 620.

Hope things will only go forward from there, thanks for putting in your time and patience to help me out, many thanks.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Dense

Thank you for the information provided,

Let us know if you want to continue troubleshooting and testing the drivers, or if you would like this thread to be closed.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
Dense
Novice

Sorry for the delayed response but yes i would like this thread to be closed, but what could i do to test future driver updates so basically  like a driver tester

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Dense

You can only test drivers after they're released/published on the downloads website:

We will close this thread as requested. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos