Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Battlefield 4 crashes and after I have graphics driver error

CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

Yes hello

I am constantly kicked out of battlefield 4 even after I installed my device's manufacturer's drivers. The issue started after I installed intel's graphics driver version 31.0.101.4369, the latest graphics driver version for intel iris xe graphics.

What I am completely confused about is WHY DO I STILL HAVE INTEL'S DRIVER even tho I installed 16 drivers from hp's site, drivers a scanner recommended to me. 

Please I don't care anymore, just tell me which graphics driver version on inte's site for intel iris xe graphics can work for battlefield 4. I had a version before that gave me no issues. Please if this keeps happening I WILL CORRUPT MY GAME.

To note: Hp officially added me as spam I can no longer ask them for help, I am not smart with computers, I just need help please, I dont know what else to do.

Below the video at the 23 second mark shows bizzare activity on the screen. This I am experiencing constantly, especially after the crash with the game

0 Kudos
16 Replies
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

Which of these is the graphics driver update for my graphics card from hp?

I really do not know, how is anyone supposed to know.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello CHAMELEON,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

To better assist you, please provide us with the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried to solve this problem?
  • Does the issue persist when rolling back to previous driver versions?
  • Unfortunately, we are unable to see any irregular activity in the video you shared. We only witness the game launcher. Could you share another video or inform us about what we should be looking at?
  • Provide us with a screenshot of the error message you received.
  • Create a report using the following tools:
  •  Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU) 
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

About your question about which driver you should install, you need to check this with HP to confirm which is the most suitable driver for your device and which ones are necessary to install. However, you should consider that this is a graphics-related issue, so you should install a graphics driver.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

HI Jean O, so I did the following:

1) What troubleshooting steps have I done to solve the issue?

Awnser: I have tried and tried countless times to try and install the graphics driver, but only that one which is specifically for my IGPU( intel iris xe), they do not have any update of graphics drivers for intel iris xe on my device's manufacturer ( HP) site.

I have set my system to performance mode.

I have disabled the xbox game bar, which I heard can be taxing on the system's overall performance

I have installed only the driver updates from intel directly, specifically updates that state for windows 11 version 22h2 ( which I have) and obviously intel iris xe graphics, still after the only 2 updates available thus far for windows 11 22h2, crashes constantly on battlefield 4

I have set my game's settings to lowest, still get graphics driver errors and abnormal server crashes

I have done a system clean boot

2) Does issue persist when rolling back to previous driver versions?

Awnser: Yes it does currently using driver version 31.0.101 4314, the only other update for my compatible OS windows 11 and its version 22h2

3) Share another video to inform us what we should be looking at.

Awnser: I will post a video showing my issue in the next reply

4) Provide us with a screenshot on error message I received

Awnser: I have provided the error message in the attached file 

5) I will provide the report with the suggested tool on my reply after the 3rd question asked.

5)

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

Question 5) Here is the detailed summary report with the SSU tool, I hope this does't give sensetive information and get me hacked.

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

Here is question 3). see videos on what I mean below. Unfortunately there is no way of showing you this piece of info, but for some odd reason with xbox game bar in the performance option while playing a game it gives fps, vram %, ram% etc., the weird thing is while playing battlefield 4 the vram showed as 0%... even while playing in a graphics intensive game, no a game in general.

No crashes, but this is what I deal with, stutters and laggy experience, but usually I get a crash, especially while doing something very fast.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello CHAMELEON,

Thanks for your response.

We would recommend you perform a clean driver installation for driver 30.0.101.2079. This is the latest driver version available on the HP website for your device. This driver version is also supported by Windows 11. There are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system.

The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM), and doing a clean install of the software/drivers for any hardware can help to fix specific issues that can be associated so any additional software that might be causing malfunction.

Best regards,

Jean O.

CHAMELEON
New Contributor I
Hi Jean

Could you kindly provide a link where this driver version 30.0.101.2079 is found, I have looked countless of times and no where on the " driver and software page" does it show this driver even after having hps official driver scanner.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello CHAMELEON,

We shared the link for the driver update in our previous driver using the hyperlink option; however, here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laptop-pc-15-dw3000/37506289.

• Once you visit the website, you will be prompted to select your Operating System. Using the drop-down menu, you should select Windows 11 version 22h2 (the build version installed on your system). Click the submit option.

• When you select the submit option, click on the option "All drivers". Then look for the "Driver-Graphics" option and click it. The Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver 30.0.101.2079 Rev.A version will be there.

These are the steps we used to check for the driver versions of your device. In case you still have some questions, you should contact HP support for more details about their website.

Best regards,

Jean O.

CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

Hi Jean

You say to download Intel HD graphics...but I have Iris xe...or is it the same, I trust you I just don't see how they fit together

Jean thank you very much I have found out where the "devices supported" list is and have seen that intel iris xe is indeed supported I shall install and let you know further details later on the hopefull performance difference than what I'm experiencing now.

Should I install all driver and software listed that is supported for my OS, device and, IGPU?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello CHAMELEON,

Regarding your question about which drivers you should install, the best course of action to answer this question is to contact HP support for more information about which drivers are needed for the well-functioning of your device.

For now, and related to this issue, we recommend that you install the latest graphics driver for your unit and test the game to see if the issue improves.

Best regards,

Jean O.

CHAMELEON
New Contributor I
Happy to report that, while there is still a bit of stutter, the game did not crash in a 3-4 hour session and that the stutter would cease after about 2 min

Honestly at this point I believe it is the ram that is causing the issue, maybe 16gb will be better (8gb dual channel) 👌
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello CHAMELEON,

Thanks for the information provided.

We are glad to know that the game did not crash after a long game session. We understand that the game still stutters. Since you suspect that this issue can be related to the RAM capacity, we recommend you contact the game developer to see if your system meets the game system requirements.

Also, HP support can perform a hardware inspection to determine if there is any hardware problem or provide you with a list of compatible RAM modules in case you want to add more capacity.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

Hi Jean

I have already done the necessary research before buying my games, and used analytical system scanning sites ( proper sites with latest IGPUs, GPUs, Processors, ram) as options to choose from when scanning and they say I meet the minimum requirements.

IGPU: minimum requirements: check
Ram: Recommended requirements: check
Processor: Recommended requirement

https://sysrqmts.com/games/battlefield-4#can-i-run-it

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello CHAMELEON

Thanks for the information provided

We understand that you have already looked at the game requirement, and your system meets the minimum requirements for this game. However, since you suspect that the issue can be caused by the RAM, the best course of action for this matter is to check with HP for further support. As mentioned previously, they can do a hardware inspection or share a list of compatible RAM modules and the proper installation process.

Best regards,

Jean O.

CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

Good day Jean

I shall inform myself about which RAM sticks should be apropriate for my device, tho I recall seeing that my current RAM is ddr4 with 3200mhz. After I inform myself I shall close this thread. Thanks for the help

Note: HP are not the best when it comes to customer service, after nearly a week, no reply to my question "Can I install any driver type, so long as it is compatible with my OS, hardware and device?" no reply yet...

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello CHAMELEON,

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. We will now close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question since this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos