Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Best GPU to pair with this PC

zEddie27
Beginner

I have a Dell optiplex 9020 with an i7 4790. My monitor is a Dell ultrasharp 2009WT it’s 20 inches, 16.7 million colors and has a resolution of 1680x1050, a 5ms response time and a 60hz refresh rate, what would be the absolute best GPU to pair with this machine?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KyrylKushnir
Employee

Absolute best GPU would be AMD 6950 or Nvidia 3090Ti, each would require a new power supply and wouldn't fit in your case.

For something that could fit in your case and not require a new power supply I would recommend either a Nvidia 1050ti or 1650ti as neither requires a new power supply or a GPU power cable to connect your card, it would be powered solely by your motherboard.

It should drive your display on most games at medium/high settings at that resolution depending on the game you are trying to play.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KyrylKushnir
Employee

Absolute best GPU would be AMD 6950 or Nvidia 3090Ti, each would require a new power supply and wouldn't fit in your case.

For something that could fit in your case and not require a new power supply I would recommend either a Nvidia 1050ti or 1650ti as neither requires a new power supply or a GPU power cable to connect your card, it would be powered solely by your motherboard.

It should drive your display on most games at medium/high settings at that resolution depending on the game you are trying to play.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @zEddie27

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

We hope that the assistance provided by the community has been helpful.

Also, we would like to inform you that due to the Intel® Core™ i7-4790 Processor has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

Note: You might need to search for the proper Product Category and click on its "Show more" link if the product is not visible in the top rows.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos