Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20647 Discussions

Black Screen whenever I enable intel uhd 630

Captn09
Beginner
my laptop is Acer nitro 7
On one fine day I decided to play gta v again and suddenly my laptop screen turn black. After very long hours of installing windows again and again and booting into safe mode, I got to know that whenever I enable the intel uhd drivers my pc hangs and screen turns black. I figured that it is a hardware issue.
And whenever on Basic Microsoft Display adapter or on my graphics adapter, my brightness controll is lost and my refresh rate can down to 60 hz from 144hz. i tried playing gta on it but I cannot due to intense stuttering and lagging.
But when I connected it to my tv and shuting off the lid my Laptop works fine( as it uses my gpu for external display I guess) I can play gta or any other game fine.
I tried everything. From Installing windows to uninstalling intel uhd from DDU but nothing works
I took it to repair shop and they told me it cannot be repaired.
Can someone help
Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Captn09

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

1.      When did the issue first occur, and have there been any recent changes or updates to your laptop's software or hardware before the problem started?

2.      Are there any error messages or codes displayed when the laptop screen turns black, especially when Intel UHD drivers are enabled?

3.      Have you checked for any firmware or BIOS updates for your laptop, as these updates sometimes address hardware compatibility issues?

4.      Can you share the exact steps you took while reinstalling Windows and using DDU to uninstall the Intel UHD drivers, so we can better understand the troubleshooting process you've undertaken?

Please download and scan your system using our tool, Intel® System Support Utility so we can help check your system info first. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan 'Everything', click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide the .txt file.

This document will be necessary to check your entire system, in order to find possible errors or incompatibilities.

Also, please check the following article, maybe this could help to address the issue: How to Resolve Issue with Black Screen While Using the System with Integrated Graphics.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Captn09
Beginner

1. The issue first occurred 15 days ago while I was playing GTAV and it occurred suddenly without any update.

My SSD failed few days ago ( I guess 1 month ago) but my laptop was working fine as i removed my extra ssd from my laptop

It never occurred before.

2. As soon as i update my Microsoft display driver, it changes to intel 630 uhd and my screen turns black without giving any error

The last thing i see is the green bar of updating driver screen filling. Then the screen flickers and after that constant black screen takes over.

-I tried checking my event viewer but it shows no warning and nothing

-After the above step, I had to forceful shutdown the laptop and enter the safe mode and disable the driver from the device manager

-when i restart the laptop, it runs fine on Microsoft basic driver BUT my refresh rate is set to 60 hz permanent and i am not able to change my brightness ( DUE TO THE OUTDATED DRIVER)

-When i connect it to my television, everything runs fines and even my game works fine, i guess that rules out any damage to my gpu

3. No update have been issued by my oem

i found many other people with same issue but unfortunately i didnt find any solution

4. I reinstalled the windows with the bootable Pen drive created by media creation tool.

-I didnt understand what you mean by exact steps. I followed all the steps normally. 

- I boot into safe mode and remove the intel drivers from the DDU and only removed the intel uhd drivers

The result is listed below

From all the information i gathered, it is due to some error in the cpu most probably.

But my gpu is working fine and i dont know what to do 

And i cannot disable the iGPU from the bios as my bios doesn't have any option to disable it.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Captn09, 

Thanks for the information provided. Based on your test, your laptop works fine with a television and I want to know if you did this test with the Intel graphics disabled. If so, test connecting your laptop to your TV and enable the Intel graphics, this will let us know if the issue is limited to the graphics or the laptop screen.

Also, is this issue present with Intel or Acer drivers?

Intel: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/762755/intel-6th-10th-gen-processor-graphics-windows.html

Acer: https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-support/Nitro_AN715-51

Have you checked this issue with Acer? they can run tests on your laptop to confirm if this is a software or hardware issue.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Captn09
Beginner

After trying to enable the intel graphics while connecting to tv or monitor, the same thing happens and my laptop hangs with a black screen, I try to connect the mouse to my laptop just to check if it responds or not but nothing happens.
I did the test while intel graphics were disabled as I won’t be able to do that on enable because my system will hang.

i tried installing both the driver’s but it give me the same error everytime. 
Nothing works

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Captn09, 

Thanks for your confirmation. Since your system is completely up to date and you even reinstalled the operating system twice, I recommend you to get in contact with the laptop manufacturer to confirm if this is a hardware issue (as you noticed).

If so, they are the only ones who can help you with a replacement either for the CPU or the whole laptop.

Acer: https://www.acer.com/us-en/support

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos