Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20943 Discussions

Black screen with mouse point after install arc driver version 4824 or higher on 10.0.25967

kanata
Novice

Black screen with mouse point after install arc driver version 4824 or higher

After I install this driver, I can see only a mouse point on screen,other is black.

But 31.0.101.4676 work well on 10.0.25967.

Card:Arc A380 Index

Clean Install or not are same problem

Labels (1)
10 Replies
KapZ
Beginner

Having the exact same issue. Worked fine with one of the previous drivers

Arc A770 (Predator edition).

Windows 11 Insider build

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities. We would be more than glad to help you with this black screen issue after the new driver update.

We would like to confirm if you have tried running the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) tool, and then, install the new driver 31.0.101.4887. If you have not, we advise you to test if the behavior improve. You can take a look at "How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver" for guidance.

In case the issue remains, please let us know the following:

• Are you using an HDMI or DP output?
  • Does the same issue occur if you use a different video output?
  • Is it possible for you to test a Non-insider Operating System version?
  • We would like to if your system is up to date, and look at further details about your system environment. Share with us a report using the Intel SSU:
    • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click on "Next"; and then "Save.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

We are posting in your thread to find out if you have been able to try the DDU tool before installing the new driver. Let us know once you have an update on this matter.

We also would like to recommend you in this post to install a Non-insider Operating System version. We have received notifications from other users that similar issues have been resolved after reverting to a production Operating System.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

Since we have not received a response, we will proceed to close this thread. Please note that as per other user reports, the issue seems to be related to the Operating System Build, and similar issues can be solved after updating the build version.

If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Everyone,

After discussing it internally, we have decided not to close the thread yet. We want to confirm if the issue remains after updating the insider build or if you tried to install a Public Windows version. Let us know if you have any updates on this matter.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
kanata
Novice

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25977 (Canary Channel) | Windows Insider Blog

• Fixed an underlying issue believed to be the root cause of various games having issues launching (citing graphics issues) or changing resolution in Build 25967.

I will try to upgrade to 25977. If the problem fixed i will post here

0 Kudos
kanata
Novice

After upgrading to 25977, everything is normal, and the black screen problem is solved

0 Kudos
kanata
Novice

Terribly sorry. In order to make the computer use normally, I have returned to the system of the production version. And the latest driver can work correctly in the production version system.

In the version of the Insider preview, both the HDMI interface and the DP interface are black screen (but the mouse pointer can be displayed normally). After connecting the "remote desktop", the computer can be controlled normally after the computer is connected, but the display is still black. Then after the device manager disables the graphics card, the display can display the login UI normally, and it can be used normally after logging in (but because the driver has been disabled, the display is slow, and the 3D function does not work).

I can only report these, I have returned to the non-insider Operating System version.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello kanata,

Thank you for the information provided. We are happy to hear that the issue is solved after updating to the latest Insider build 25977, and the issue is not present in the latest Production version. Hopefully, your results may help other community members experiencing the same issue. Since you have confirmed that the issue is solved, we will proceed to close this thread. If you need additional information, please open a new thread since this one will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
AugustusLi
Beginner

windows build 25982 still have the problem at DP output,HDMI have no problem

intel ARC A770M NUC12  drive 4900

0 Kudos