Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20497 Discussions

Bring back the color gamut setting

yomeady
Beginner

Hello,

I was trying to use my laptop with f.lux, only to find that the colors look very wrong when using it. While researching this problem, I found out that it's because the "vivid color gamut" option causes the bules to stay at the same level regardless of what the other colors do (Neon colours with f.lux (f.lux forum) (justgetflux.com)). Sadly, the setting to change that were removed in newer versions of the graphics panel, with no way to get the old version anymore, even using this method HOW TO FIX: Windows 10 Intel Integrated Graphics Color Gamut Issue - YouTube.

I found this article stating that the option has been removed since Windows* (whatever the hell the asterisk is meant to mean) is now handling that instead Re: Color Gamut Missing from Display Settings - Intel Communities but that can't be right since the process it describes has nothing to do with that setting How to calibrate your PC's monitor on Windows 10 | Windows Central.

At least give us some tool that would allow us to change these legacy settings without having to find old versions of your software, please

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @yomeady

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Currently, there is no option available in Intel® Graphics Command Center to enable or adjust Wide Color Gamut (WCG).

WCG can be enabled in Windows Display settings. Whether the feature is available or missing in Windows depends on the display/monitor capabilities.

We noticed that you referenced a video showing the Intel® Graphics Control Panel (discontinued) with an option to adjust Color Gamut. We can confirm that the feature is no longer available.

However, we are documenting and routing your request (a tool to change Color Gamut) to the appropriate team. Unfortunately, the team will not be able to provide updates regarding the status of the suggestion/request. We appreciate your feedback.

Please let us know if you have additional inquiries or need further assistance? If not, please let us know if it is ok to close this thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello yomeady

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos