Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21184 Discussions

Bug Report and some questions

BearBale
New Contributor I

My English is very poor
So currently use Google Translate to report bugs

1. There are two Arc A770 graphics cards installed on the computer, but Intel Arc Control cannot recognize them correctly

1.png

2. The video memory speed of the graphics card remains at 2187Mhz and will not decrease

2.png

3. Adobe Media Encoder and Topaz Video AI cannot use two Arc A770 graphics cards at the same time, only one is working (Blende can use two graphics cards to render normally)

3.jpg

4.The A770LE uses the RTD2173 chip, and the Acer and Asrock use the Synopsys VMM7100. Is there firmware update for these two chips?

5.Intel does not currently provide the ability to adjust DisplayPort color depth.
But Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25357 offers Automatic Color Management (ACM)
Does the screen support 4K 60Hz RGB 444 10bit output from DisplayPort when HDR is disabled?

this is very important
Because my work and hobby are related to photography
When using 8Bit color depth, the photo has obvious color difference

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BearBale
New Contributor I

Dear Jean_Intel

I am a Taiwanese user, my English is not good
so i use google translate to talk to you

I hope you can understand me, because the language is different, there may be misunderstandings in the conversation
So I can't review every question I ask in detail, have any other Arc graphics card users replied to the official intel

---------

Regarding question 3
Adobe Media Encoder and Topaz Video AI can't use two Arc A770 graphics cards at the same time, only one is working (Blende renders both cards fine)

techgage.com did some tests, maybe you can take a look at the test content

LINK -> https://techgage.com/article/intel-arc-multi-gpu-creator-performance/

---------

Regarding question 5
Intel does not currently provide the ability to adjust Displayport color depth. But Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25357 provides Automatic Management (ACM). Does the screen support 4K 60Hz RGB 444 10bit output from displayport when hdr is disabled?

I know that the original HDMI interface on the motherboard can display 10BIT color depth
But my monitor is "Philips 328P6VUBREB"
This monitor only has HDMI2.0 and DP1.4 (does not support DSC)
I believe everyone knows that it is impossible for HDMI2.0 to use 4K resolution, 60HZ refresh rate, RGB444, 10BIT color depth
So I can only use the DP1.4 interface, or use the motherboard's thunderbolt to connect my display

Thanks again for any and all assistance and replies
I wish you have a nice day

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello BearBale,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you.

We understand that you are experiencing multiple issues and have some questions about the product. However, to avoid confusion and possible duplicate efforts, we would like to ask you to stick with one topic and open individual threads for each of the other queries/problems you have.

Best regards

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BearBale
New Contributor I

too many software bugs
but you tell me now
"One question, one article ?"

I bought 3 A770 graphics cards, please install them on the same computer

I have encountered more than 8 bugs and need to report them to you

This is Intel's office efficiency?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello BearBale,

Thanks for your response.

We understand that you have encountered eight different issues when using your Intel® Arc™ A770 cards, and we are more than glad to help you with the problems you are facing. However, the issues are present in different scenarios, and the root cause of the problem may be other between one or another. Providing troubleshooting for all the issues in one thread may be confusing. That's why we recommend you open one thread per issue.

In the meantime, we would like to recommend you perform a clean driver installation of our latest driver, 31.0.101.4369. This driver version just came out this week. Test this driver version and see if any of the issues are resolved by this driver update.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello BearBale,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello BearBale,

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello BearBale,

Before we close the case, we would like to let you know the following:

1. There are two Arc A770 graphics cards installed on the computer, but Intel Arc Control cannot recognize them correctly.

• We are working on Intel Arc Control application updates to improve multi-GPU detection. Please, stay tuned for upcoming updates.

2. The video memory speed of the graphics card remains at 2187Mhz and will not decrease

• This is expected behavior. Memory speed will remain at full speed.

3. . Adobe Media Encoder and Topaz Video AI cannot use two Arc A770 graphics cards at the same time. Only one is working (Blender can use two graphics cards to render normally)

• We do not support multi-GPU functionality except Intel Deep Link, which is Intel Integrated Graphics + Intel Arc.
  • Applications will choose between one or the other A770.

4. The A770LE uses the RTD2173 chip, and the Acer and Asrock use the Synopsys VMM7100. Is there a firmware update for these two chips?

• Firmware updates are deployed by each manufacturer. For the A770 LE, we are working on a firmware update delivery method, but more info will be released soon.

5. Intel does not currently provide the ability to adjust DisplayPort color depth. But Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25357 offers Automatic Color Management (ACM). Does the screen support 4K 60Hz RGB 444 10bit output from DisplayPort when HDR is disabled?

• It is supported, but the limitation is with the display output. The only workaround is to connect the display to the Intel integrated graphics HDMI native port to enable it in Intel Graphics Command Center.

We are sorry for the delay in our response, but we wanted to keep this thread organized to void misunderstanding and confusion.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
BearBale
New Contributor I

Dear Jean_Intel

I am a Taiwanese user, my English is not good
so i use google translate to talk to you

I hope you can understand me, because the language is different, there may be misunderstandings in the conversation
So I can't review every question I ask in detail, have any other Arc graphics card users replied to the official intel

---------

Regarding question 3
Adobe Media Encoder and Topaz Video AI can't use two Arc A770 graphics cards at the same time, only one is working (Blende renders both cards fine)

techgage.com did some tests, maybe you can take a look at the test content

LINK -> https://techgage.com/article/intel-arc-multi-gpu-creator-performance/

---------

Regarding question 5
Intel does not currently provide the ability to adjust Displayport color depth. But Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25357 provides Automatic Management (ACM). Does the screen support 4K 60Hz RGB 444 10bit output from displayport when hdr is disabled?

I know that the original HDMI interface on the motherboard can display 10BIT color depth
But my monitor is "Philips 328P6VUBREB"
This monitor only has HDMI2.0 and DP1.4 (does not support DSC)
I believe everyone knows that it is impossible for HDMI2.0 to use 4K resolution, 60HZ refresh rate, RGB444, 10BIT color depth
So I can only use the DP1.4 interface, or use the motherboard's thunderbolt to connect my display

Thanks again for any and all assistance and replies
I wish you have a nice day

0 Kudos
BearBale
New Contributor I

Dear Jean_Intel

Supplementary note:

I have a total of three A770 graphics cards
Intel A770 LE x1
Acer A770 OC x2

I currently use two Acer A770 OC graphics cards
Take advantage of multi-GPU rendering in Blender and LuxMark4

Blender : use intel oneAPI GPU acceleration
LuxMark4 : Accelerated with OpenCL

About 3 days ago to today, the software SmoothVideo Project (SVP4)
It can also play 4K 24FPS video and upscale to 4K 60FPS with multiple GPUs using PotPlayer

Using windows "task manager" or HWinfo, it shows that both cores of the A770 are working, the effect is very satisfactory to me

0 Kudos
BearBale
New Contributor I

Dear Jean_Intel

This is the answer I calculated myself
If there is an error in the content, please correct it

thanks again

Snipaste_2023-05-27_09-15-44.pngSnipaste_2023-05-27_09-21-04.png

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello BearBale,

About the bandwidth calculation, we considered that it is correct, and we don't see any error that we can point at. We recommend you check our article "How to use Bandwidth to Determine the Best Video Output" for further information.

Also, we noticed that the issue you have marked this thread as solved; however, we would like to know if you have any other questions about this matter. On the other hand, we appreciate the feedback you have shared.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello BearBale,

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos