Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Can't Update Graphics Driver...2 problems

SDode1
Beginner

I used to update my drivers through Driver and Support Assistant. That no longer works, as it is stuck SCANNING. I uninstalled and installed the latest version and it still does not work.

I then decided to install Windows DCH driver 30.0.101.1069 manually. After download, I launch the file and nothing happens.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello SDode1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. When did the issue start happening?
  2. Were any recent changes made to the system?
  3. Is the system a desktop or a laptop?
  4. Do you get any error codes when trying to install the driver manually?
  5. Which version of the Intel® Driver and Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) are you using?
  6. Have you tried using the drivers provided by the OEM?

Please provide me the latest Intel®️ Driver & Support Assistant log files: using File Explorer: go to folder = C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or entire folder.

Note: Uncheck Hide System files to see the ProgramData folder.

Check this link for instructions on how to show hidden files:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

Also, please download and install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
SDode1
Beginner

Thanks for helping. The problem with Driver and Support Assistant has been happening for at least 2 months. The problem with manually installing came about recently when I tried  it. I am always updating Windows, so it is hard to say what changes have been made to the system. I have an HP laptop. When trying to install manually, windows asks me if I want to make changes to the system...I say yes...then nothing happens...no error codes or any alerts. I am using the latest version of Driver Assistant, as I removed the old one with your uninstaller and re-installed the latest. OEM Drivers are very outdated and Intel made a point that we can now use Intel drivers without affecting OEM customizations.

I attached the log. I downloaded SSU and it too won't install with no error code or any message. I am starting to think something on my computer is preventing installs.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello SDode1,

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, please share with us the next information:

1. Laptop model.
  2. Windows version and build.

Also, have you checked the installation issues with the OEM?

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
SDode1
Beginner

The laptop is an HP Pavilion 15 cs0064st...windows 10 Home 21H2 64 bit.

Things I have just tried:

I enabled the hidden Windows Administrator account. It could not install the Intel SSU or graphics driver from that account either. I even tried it in safe mode and they would not install. I also tried it with Kaspersky Anti virus turned off.

I decided to check for malware and downloaded Malwarebytes. It DID install and found no malware. So why does Intel driver and Support not work and the graphics package and SSU do nothing when I try to install, but Malwarebytes installs right away?

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello SDode1,

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
SDode1
Beginner

Thanks for the help. I decided that most likely Windows 10 was corrupted. I tried to uninstall updates and that did not work. I then decided to update to Windows 11. it took 9 hours, but luckily, Driver Assistant worked immediately and I updated my drivers. Other problems I have been having are solved as well.

Thanks again, we can close this out.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello SDode1,

I am glad to hear that the issue is now solved and everything is working fine. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos