Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Can't detect Intel Integrated Graphics

HPaul1
Beginner

Hi!

Today, I changed the monitor- setup on my desk. In addition to an existing 24" 1st monitor, I replaced my 2nd monitor, 15" with another 24", as well as adding a third; 42".

- First, I connected the 42", and all 3 monitors worked fine - all of them connected to my discrete graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660). 1st monitor via HDMI, 2nd minotor via DVI-I to VGA, and 3rd via DVI-D to HDMI.

- Second, I disconnect my 15" 2nd mintor, replacing it with the new 24". Now, only monitor 1 and 3 worked. Although I tried reconnectiong, rebooting and changing adapter, nothing worked. So I connect directly into the motherboards VGA- port. Still nothing is happening. So I try connectiong my 1st monitor to the motherboards HDMI-port as well - no signal there either.

I then try to find out if I need to update my Intel Graphics Drivers, but here is where I got stuck:

- I cannot, what so ever, detect my internal graphics card (through device manager, CPU-Z, the advanced settings in 'Screen Resolution')

- I cannot find any indication of an Intel Graphics Driver on my computer.

- When i run the Driver Update Utility on the Intel- site, only the NVIDIA- card shows up.

- When i try to install the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24245&lang=eng&ProdId=3720 THIS diver, an error occures telling me my computer doesn't have the right requirements.

Screengrab:

Computer Specs (Just posting it all, in case it matters 😞

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz

Motherboard: Asus Z87-PRO

RAM: Ballistix 16GB DDR3 1600MHz

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2gb

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vdaga1
Beginner

perhaps the bios disables onboard video when a discrete card is installed?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

I understand your computer is unable to detect Intel® Graphics Controller.

Vasco's comment is right. The onboard graphics solution is disabled electronically at BIOS level when you install an external video card.

Please check with Asus for BIOS settings that allows onboard graphics and video card work at same time.

Allan.

0 Kudos
HPaul1
Beginner

FIXED IT! Couldn't detect the chipset either, so I installed the chipset driver, and somehow it worked

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the update, I'm glad it has been addressed.

Allan.

0 Kudos
SNEHAL_V_Intel
Employee

This worked for me on an Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard.

BIOS -> Advaced -> System Agent Configuration -> Graphics Configuration

Changed Primary Display to "CPU Graphics"

Changed CPU Graphics Multi Monitor to "Enabled"

This enabled the intel on board graphics and I was able to use NVIDIA GTX 660 as well.