Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20639 Discussions

Can't find the name of the Intel ICD OpenGL driver

BDimm1
Beginner

I have an HP Envy 750-424 desktop with an Intel HD 530 graphics driver. This morning Windows automatically updated the graphics driver, and Chrome stopped working with an OpenGL ES Error dialog box stating "Can't find the name of the Intel ICD OpenGL driver." I rolled back the driver from 21.20.16.4574 to 20.19.15.4454 and it fixed the issue. However, I suspect Windows will keep automatically updating the driver and causing this issue (it happened once before, with a different version number, and I was able to fix it with System Restore, so it seems to be a recurring problem). I have seen in other discussions that some drivers are provided by Intel and some are customized by manufacturers--is 21.20.16.4574 provided by Intel or by HP? Is this a bug that will be addressed ina future driver version?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
85 Replies
HZuñi
Beginner

I already have the last installed driver of nvidia, and as you can see in the image I only get the gtx 1060, all the games work me less that is called Tibia, when I put it in Directx perfomance I throw that error but in OpenGL no

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi hernanxr,

Thank you for the information, I regret to inform you that since you are using Nvidia card this error message should be handled by the Nvidia support team.

Intel has addressed this matter when using on-board graphics.

Please contact http://www.nvidia.com/object/support.html Nvidia for additional information about this matter.

Regards,

Allan J.
0 Kudos