Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

Cant get the DVI output to work properly on Intel HD 4400

phil11
Novice

I recently installed a tp link wifi adaptor on pci-e and then downloaded the latest updates to windows 10 . everything was working ok.  days later i turned on my pc to use it and the dvi connector on the pc wasnt working. after a lot of messing about i found that  disabling the graphics and re-enabling would get the dvi output to work. the problem is that every time i reboot the pc the dvi stops working again. can anyone please help me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
phil11
Novice
I have attached the graphics report. I have noticed that when I remove the Intel drivers so that I'm left with just basic Microsoft display drivers installed the dvi graphics output works OK. It only stops working after installing Intel drivers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello phil11

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Since you mentioned you installed the latest updates to Windows®, did those updates include an update for the graphics driver? If the answer is yes, we would like to recommend trying to roll back the driver to a previous version. Please refer to this link for the steps:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008628/graphics.html

If the issue persists after trying the rollback (or if it is not applicable for your scenario) we would like to recommend performing a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Based on the report, we noticed your system seems to be running the latest customized driver from your computer manufacturer (OEM) Fujitsu* version 20.19.15.5107. In this case, we recommend performing the steps with the OEM driver, which you can download from this link*:

https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDownload.asp?lng=en

Click on "Downloads >> More Details >> Product Search >> type in your system model "P420" >> Select the Operating System "Windows 10 64-bit >> Expand the section "Graphic" >> "Intel® Q87/Q85/B85/C226/H81 + Haswell" >> Version "15.40.44.64.5107 - 20.19.15.5107 - PV - 64bit (15/11/2019)"

You may also repeat the clean install steps using our latest generic graphics driver version 15.40.46.5144:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29804/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81497

If the issue persists, please kindly provide the following information:

1- Have you tried different cables or different DVI displays? What is the behavior?

2- Have you tried to remove the just recently added components to the system or have you tried to undo/uninstalling the latest updates installed (maybe also trying a Windows® Restore point if possible)?

3- Display brand, model, and part number:

4- How are you connecting the display? Please provide details about the cable types and if you are using video adapters, dockings or converters.

5- What do you mean by "not working"? Do you mean there is blinking, crashes, or not image/video output?

6- A Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following these steps:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
phil11
Novice
Thanks for replying. I have a good knowledge of installing windows and drivers on pcs and I have tried everything that you have suggested. I ran Windows update and I installed the latest Intel graphics driver. I usually keep my pc up to date. When I turn on my pc the display shows the bios screen and the boot screen Fujitsu logo, but then the display goes off and I can only get it to work with the vga. I tried removing the graphics driver and installing the original driver, but this doesn't work. After spending a long time trying everything possible, including changing cables, I decided to do a clean installation of windows. This didn't make any difference. I tried to use the original graphics driver that I know worked, but it didn't make any difference. I also tried to use the latest custom Fujitsu driver and that didn't work either.
0 Kudos
phil11
Novice
0 Kudos
phil11
Novice
I have attached the graphics report. I have noticed that when I remove the Intel drivers so that I'm left with just basic Microsoft display drivers installed the dvi graphics output works OK. It only stops working after installing Intel drivers.
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello phil11

Thank you for your response.

After all the troubleshooting performed so far and considering the behavior and facts, this is most likely a hardware problem. The DVI port itself or worst case scenario the connection with the integrated graphics (inside the processor) is having issues.

You may notice that without a driver installed or when the graphics device is disabled you get video from the port; however, this is because when the driver is installed or the device is enabled the full functionality of the hardware is activated and issues may be triggered. This is unlikely to be a software issue (graphics driver) since you already tried with drivers that were known to work in the past.

Having said that, at this point we recommend checking further with your OEM Fujitsu* for further assistance from their support team including, for instance, physical/hardware inspection.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
phil11
Novice
I have completely given up on this problem. I tried another tv/monitor. I bought a new cable. I have also tried an older pc and it also has the same identical fault. I guess the problem doesn't exist.
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello phil11

Thank you for your response.

Based on the facts and the outcome of the tests performed so far, this seems to be related to a hardware problem with one of the components (monitor or computer) so at this point, our final recommendation is to check this further with OEM for additional assistance since this doesn't seem to be a problem of the graphics drivers or graphics controllers.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos