Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21079 Discussions

Cant install Graphic driver - please give high support !

idata
Employee

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} p {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0cm; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0cm; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page WordSection1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 2.0cm 70.85pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->

Hello.

I have a very big problem. I cant install the necessary graphic driver for my business notebook...so I cant give a lecture.

I always contact the producer HP, but they didnt implicate the new driver since two weeks I prompt them.

I downloaded the new driver (http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm Win7Vista_15174)....but installations go awry.

Nag screen said: Use the driver for the right operation system from your producer.

I tried to install via many http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm browsers but it doesn't work.

Please help me...the old driver doesn't detect any of KVM switches like Aten or presentation-camera ELMO L-1ex.

So that I saw blackscreen or limites solution 640x480 non pnp device.

My notebook:

HP Probook 5310m WD792EA

Windows 7 32bit Professional

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD

Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family with DisplayPort

My version 8.15.10.1892 available/needed 8.15.10.2119

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4021357&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=4021356&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4053 HP Homepage

Sincerely

Mr.K.L.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JEFFREY_F_Intel
Employee

For many corporate laptops, the OEM issues their own version of the driver which they have validated with the rest of the platform and which contains tweaks/hooks into their own utilities, hot keys, etc. The OEM version has both Intel vendor/device id AND an OEM vendor/device id embedded (so-called 4ID driver). The generic drivers from Intel (2ID) will not install over the OEM driver (4ID).

Options:

1) you can bug the OEM to publish an updated version based on latest Intel driver - they may or may not be motivated to update.

2) You can try uninstalling the OEM driver and then installing the generic one from Intel. You may lose some OEM customizations (e.g. special keys may not work...).

3) Or you can try downloading the one from Intel but NOT running the setup program - rather, go to windows control panel, devices, find graphics and select that you want to update driver. When prompted, you can then point at the .inf file in the directory where you downloaded the new driver. This bypasses the id check in the setup utility.

0 Kudos