Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Cant run s3tc compressor

cuser
Beginner

COpenGLEntryPoints::CheckGLExtensions():

Required OpenGL extension "GL_EXT_texture_compressor_s3tc" is not supported. Please install S3TC texture support.

I googled this trouble, and i found out that it's a typical problem for a linux users, who cant run an application with Wine.

But my system is Win7sp1 x32 and I dont have an idea how to fix this.

My graphic controller - Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Opengl 2.1

Driver vesion 8.15.10.2869 (latest, downloaded manually from intel download center, later updated with Intel Driver Update Utility)

DX 9.0c june 2010, 10.0

shader model vs_4_0, ps_4_0 

Videoadapter test says that i cant use OpenGL at all, but i can actually.

OpenGL Extension viewer says that my graph controller is able to run GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc.

Help please  

3 Replies
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello behold,

OpenGL enables hardware acceleration of 3D graphics, so support is required from the graphics drivers for optimum performance. The http://downloadcenter.intel.com/ latest graphics drivers will usually provide the best compatibility with games that use OpenGL. Graphics drivers that come with Microsoft Windows* or that are downloaded from Windows Update typically do not support OpenGL.

In this particular case, I suggest uninstalling the Intel® HD Graphics driver and installing these https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20018/INF-Update-Utility-Primarily-for-Intel-6-5-4-3-900-Series-Chipsets-Zip-Format- Intel® Download Center

Regards,

Caesar B.

0 Kudos
cuser
Beginner
Driver vesion 8.15.10.2869 (latest, downloaded manually from intel download center, later updated with Intel Driver Update Utility)

Sir, did u even read my post? 

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Can you fill out this form ?

I would like to escalate this matter to see if that particular extension is supported by the controller or the graphics driver version.

Allan.

0 Kudos