Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Code 43 with Intel® UHD Graphics 620

AEdan
Beginner

I bought an Acer SF314-52 last month and last May 13, 2019, I was not able to change or adjust my Brightness. I went through the troubleshoot option in Windows and found out that my Graphics Card is not working. I followed all troubleshooting steps available and still no go. I called Acer and said i can ship it to them but i want to exhaust first all available resources before sending it as i need it for work.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Acer is solely responsible for support of your laptop. Contact them for support.

Also, check https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022490/graphics-drivers.html

And, make certain that you are on version 1809 of Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Loss of functionality like this typically happens when the vendor has customized the driver to support this functionality and the user then installs a driver obtained from the Intel Download Center (which will not have these kinds of customizations in them). This can happen if the user runs the Intel Driver and Support Assistant (IDSA) and allows it to update the graphics driver. Unless the vendor tells you otherwise (which they will only do if they are have not modified the driver), you should only be downloading graphics driver updates from the vendor's site. Laptop vendors really need to be extra careful using IDSA to prevent loss of functionality like this.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos