Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20810 Discussions

Combine Desktop interlaced output only

Brockstar
Beginner

I have a NUC with Pentium Silver processor hooked up to two 3840x2160P capable displays. I can output that native resolution to both displays from the NUC with no problem. I would like to combine the desktop on these two displays to be able run full screen content that spans across both displays. With these two displays set to extended mode I can successfully display 2160P at both 30 and 60Hz but when I use the combine feature the "newly created display" will only have an output of 120Hz interlaced with no option to change to a lower refresh rated that would be progressive. The issue this causes is that any amount of movement from fine text strboes badly due to the interlacing. 

If the NUC's can support the displays independently I assume and hope that they can support the same pixelspace in combined mode. Although these are both 4K native displays I understand that 7680x2160 could be excessive and I can be completely happy with 3840x1080 if I can get a progressive output.

The dual displays are identical 4K commercial rated signage displays.
The NUC has 16GB of ran and a 256GB SSD

So far I have tried:

1. Checking and swapping HDMI and display port cables.

2. I bought an active Displayport to dual HDMI adapter thinking that combining between displayport and built in HDMI might cause an issue. WIth this adapter I am able to do dual output of 2160P in extended fine.

3. I have tried setting the display refresh rates before combining displays to both 30 and 60 Hz

4. Updated to the newest version of Intel Graphics Center.

5. I tried on another identically built machine and got the same results.

6. Tons of restarts as I make changes. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, Brockstar.

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

You told me that you have an NUC device with a Pentium Silver processor. I would like to inform you that Technical and Warranty Support for Intel’s NUC 7 through NUC 13 Systems has transitioned to ASUS as of January 16, 2024 please contact https://www.asus.com/support. All software, firmware, BIOS support, and security advisories will be supported through ASUS as well.

For more inquiries and concerns, I would like to share with you these links:

Also, I would like to share this article: (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000092856/graphics.html), where you can find how to enable the combined desktop in IGCC. The Collage Display/ Combined Desktop is a feature that enables you to share one image across multiple independent displays, regardless of the panel or monitor type. The number of supported displays depends on the capabilities of your computer or motherboard. Kindly see this article: (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000096140/graphics.html), for more information about the combined desktop.

Best Regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Brockstar,

I hope this message finds you well. 

Were you able to check the previous post?

Please let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Brockstar
Beginner

Thank you, I did see the reply and I have reached out to ASUS for support on the Intel UHD graphics problems I am having.

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel
Employee

Hi, Brockstar.

Thank you for the update. We will proceed and close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos