Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Core M lagging on videoplayback

idata
Employee

I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 11" (core m 5y71, 8gb RAM, intel 5300 graphics, 256gb ssd) running win 10 (the issue happened on win8 and 8.1 also).

Everytime I try watching videos, streaming online or with video players I end up with a lot of lagging in the video after some time.

After a lot of research on the computer and on the internet I realized that the lagging starts when the PC puts two of the four CPU threads as "parked".

I would like to know if there is a way to change the settings in order to avoid this CPU parking situtation.

Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello claudio_mend,

The operating system assigns how many cores will be used in each application, however; you can change the amount of cores used in each application through Windows, here is helpful link about "Processor Affinity - Set for Applications in Windows" http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/24086-processor-affinity-set-applications-windows-8-a.html Processor Affinity - Set for Applications in Windows 8.

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

As workaround have you tried downloading a video and playing it on your computer, instead of streaming online?

Regards,

Amy.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello claudio_mend,

The operating system assigns how many cores will be used in each application, however; you can change the amount of cores used in each application through Windows, here is helpful link about "Processor Affinity - Set for Applications in Windows" http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/24086-processor-affinity-set-applications-windows-8-a.html Processor Affinity - Set for Applications in Windows 8.

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

As workaround have you tried downloading a video and playing it on your computer, instead of streaming online?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos