Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20657 Discussions

Core i7 HD 4000 DVI fails after driver install

idata
Employee

Help!

Just purchased an intel boxed mobo (DH77EB) and a Core i7 3770S Processor with the HD 4000 graphics... the other hardware is unimportant at the moment. I aqlso got Win7 Ultimate 64bit. I have a Samsung Syncmaster T220 on DVI and everything works fine until I try to install the graphics driver.

Windows 7 is installed and working fine. The display is attached to the DVI as I said, then I install the intel graphics driver and pfft. Windows boots, and at the point that the bootstrap driver passes control to the intel WDDM driver, the DVI port is disables and the HDMI becomes active. ONLY the HDMI. (The display port may very well be working but I dont have a display port monitor and I aint gonna buy one right now.)

I know that similar questions have been asked, and I have tried all those options. I have tried deleting the Registry entries, I have tried installing the Win 8 drivers and nothing.

Intel, why do your drivers disable ports on your own motherboards?

What can I do to get this working???

9 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Question,, does your display support both VGA and DVI? If yes, an you switch between the VGA DVI via a switch on the display?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

There is a VGA port on the monitor but not the mobo, and I have tried switching between Analog and Digital DVI but it does nothing. THe monitor is not recieving a signal from the DVI port and the MOBO is not recognizing anything attached. I have hooked the computer up to my TV via HDMI and the Graphics Application does not recognize anything attached to the DVI port. Also, if I try to force attach a device via the windows display properties panel, DVI is not an option to choose.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

I am having a difficult time reproducing the issue you are seeing. I am using a DH77DF board, a i7 3770s, Windows 7 64 with all updates and drivers, a Samsung 226BW and DVI works fine after installing several driver builds.

Question,, have you updated the BIOS on your motherboard? If not, the latest BIOS for the DH77EB can be downloaded http://downloadmirror.intel.com/21471/eng/EBH7710H.86A.0075.EB.EXE here.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

also i have a Option on my Bios from Asus P8Z68-V, Enable/Disable Dual Monitor on iGPU.

On Windows 7 must Dual display/desktop be activated to.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Bios is the 0075 version so completely up to date.

I have also checked the BIOS settings and as always the IGP is the primary graphics processor.

Its a quandary, I know.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Do you by chance have access to a different DVI display you could try?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi have the same issue, DH77EB MOBO and an Intel i7 3770 CPU.

If I plug in a monitor on the DVI port I see the BIOS startup and the Windows 8 logo.

After a second or so (before the login screen appears) the monitor goes blank and the monitor reports "No Input Signal".

Further If I use a DVI-VGA dongle and plug in the same monitor with VGA - no problem.

I conclude that the Windows is the problem,,,as it loads its video driver it looses the DVI port.

After reading the previous comments.....I did check the BIOS version, and it was old - 0053, so I upgraded to the latest - 0089 (at time of this post), but nothing has changed.

I also downloaded the latest Windows 8 Video driver from Intel (GFX_Win8_64_9.17.10.2792_PV.exe)

still no luck!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have ecaxly the smae problem with DZ77SL50K + i5 3570K no video with integrated hdmi output with Windows 8. Safe mode boots ok, latest bios 87, driver GFX_Win8_64_9.17.10.2792_PV. I even had to install Windows with external video card because there was no video with integrated hdmi. It's very sad when you buy intel products and get this, thanks god I had a spare video card, but those who dont?...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

See the post about the ( ) - I have the same issue with the HD 2000 adaptor. The post has a script that you can schedule to run at boot and activate the HDMI or DVI display.

Enabling / Disabling the Intel HD Graphics adaptor in Device Manager causes it to redetect the HDMI / DVI display and then turn it on. From the last time I researched the issue, its to do with the HDCP handshake routine that is being performed. On some displays, the Intel Driver doesn't like them at boot time.

The VGA port always works, so if you have a VGA screen you can easily do the trick via device manager.

I had an ATI 2600 adaptor before in an old computer using the display, and it worked fine over HDMI and DVI, but the Intel Driver implementation is not as friendly with older displays.

0 Kudos