Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20757 Discussions

Corruption in XBMC

idata
Employee

There seems to be some kind of graphical corruption in XBMC with the new drivers ... icons/logos get corrupted in the interface and there are some other minor corruptions in lists (will upload images later when i get home).

I'm running the latest 64-bit drivers on two different systems both with an i3 (HD 4000) and both experience the same problem.

Operating system used is win 8 (one PRO and the other "vanilla" win 8). System 1 is runnig XBMC 12 and the other XBMC 12.1 and both are runnig the "Aeon Nox" skin .. same corruption in both.

Can someone else please confirm this issue.

0 Kudos
163 Replies
CMile3
Beginner

As a start you can check out the CD's that have come with your computer and the ones that accompany any devices that you have got such as keyboards, web cams and printers. Usually, these accompanying discs contain all the drivers that you need. You just need to insert the CD and complete the installation steps using the wizard. The installation should take only a few minutes to complete.

0 Kudos
HBurr1
Beginner

I Too am experiencing vc1 and dvxa2 corruption on a haswell i3, but in plex. If I disable the hardware acceleration it clears the visual artefacts.

Just tried the latest 15.33.8.64.3345 and still same issue...is this likely to be fixed?

0 Kudos
mrho
Beginner

same but on my brand new i5 haswell; not a happy camper

0 Kudos
JFuge
Beginner

Running a i3-4130, HD4400 graphics.

Just updated to XBMC 12.3. Using the 15.33.8.64.3345 drivers linked on page 9, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

The green line up the top seems to have disappeared, and the framerate slowdowns and GUI glitches have been resolved.

0 Kudos
GBozi
Beginner

Just replaced my old HTPC with a new Hasell NUC and noticed I can't play VC1 content in XBMC or any other video player which uses DXVA without significant macroblocking. Very unhappy. I have tried several drivers to no avail. When can I expect a fix? If it's not soon, I have to send this back as defective.

0 Kudos
PHarv1
Beginner

Any updates to this problem, it's proving very limiting in the use of the NUC with XBMC?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

philbio, I will need more information about your system configuration:

What is the NUC model?

Operating System version? if 32 or 64 bit.

Video driver version? Also, the graphics report generated within graphics properties

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009476.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009476.htm

Allan.

0 Kudos
PHarv1
Beginner

Hi Allan,

Details follow

What is the NUC model?

D34010WYK

Operating System version? if 32 or 64 bit.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Video driver version?

Also, the graphics report generated within graphics properties

Report in attached file

XBMC version 12.3

Symptoms are macroblocking/screen flashes on all .mkv files encoded with VC1 when using dxva2 (if you disable dxva2 and let the software renderer handle the file then there is no display problems), it appears that this is a well known issue over on the xbmc.org forums as well.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178421 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178421

Regards Phil

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

@ philbio, I have tested XBMC version 12.3 with latest video driver version 3345 but I did not get any issues at all while playing videos.

I was unable to replicate this issue, please provide steps or screenshots of this issue.

Allan.

0 Kudos
PHarv1
Beginner

I have attached screenshots for reference.

XBMC Playback settings - XBMC Playback Settings.jpg

2 examples of the problem and associated media info.

Blade Runner VC1

Terminator 2 VC1

1 example of a non VC1 (AVC) file that all play ok.

BOTRK AVC

0 Kudos
PHarv1
Beginner

Additional files attached due to forum post limitation.

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

and others having problems with VC-1 DXVA decoding (progressive or interlaced)

The problem has been resolved by the FFMpeg developers about 1 month ago.

The VC-1 DXVA decoding is perfect for both progressive and interlaced content, using Ivy or Haswell processors.

Obviously you have to wait for XBMC to update their FFmpeg libraries in order to see that in real.

Or you can use the ffmpeg based free players MPC-HC, PotPlayer which have already implemented a perfect DXVA VC-1 decoder for Intel (IvyBridge and Haswell) - but not for SandyBridge

@alan_intel

I take the opportunity to remind you to add the VC1_VLD2010 device decoder to next SandyBridge drivers, that already exists in IvyBridge and Haswell GPUs.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
PHarv1
Beginner

@NikosD, thank you for the heads up.

@allan_intel, interesting how you could not replicate the problem, is there some workaround or setting you are using (please provide steps or screenshots)?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I was using default settings playing mp4, avi and mkv files, I loaded latest video drivers 3345. I did not get any issues while playing videos. I recommend following NikosD suggestion.

Allan

0 Kudos
DBlyt
Beginner

I can confirm that in the latest XBMC nightlies, the FFMpeg fixes have now been backported giving us accelerated VC-1 video with intels latest driver. I am running Win 7 64 bit with HD4000 (IvyBridge) CPU.

0 Kudos
Jx7
Beginner

Have you tried Interlaced VC1?

Maybe that is only an workaround for VC1 Interlaced, when ffmpeg detects that Format, it

switch to Software Decoding?!

0 Kudos
AFedc
Novice

No, this is not an workaround. It really works, FFMpeg uses DXVA device when decode vc-1. This works on IVB and later, on SNB used software decoding.

0 Kudos