Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20772 ディスカッション

Corruption in XBMC

idata
従業員
50,339件の閲覧回数

There seems to be some kind of graphical corruption in XBMC with the new drivers ... icons/logos get corrupted in the interface and there are some other minor corruptions in lists (will upload images later when i get home).

I'm running the latest 64-bit drivers on two different systems both with an i3 (HD 4000) and both experience the same problem.

Operating system used is win 8 (one PRO and the other "vanilla" win 8). System 1 is runnig XBMC 12 and the other XBMC 12.1 and both are runnig the "Aeon Nox" skin .. same corruption in both.

Can someone else please confirm this issue.

0 件の賞賛
163 返答(返信)
RSchi6
初心者
4,366件の閲覧回数

I have the same problem with my new HTPC I just built with a Haswell 4570S. Tried the Win8 beta driver, and it does work to fix the tearing, but I lost the HDMI audio in XBMC. I though someone said you could roll the audio back to the old driver, but can't figure out how, since no Intel HDMI audio is listed in the Device Manager.

Any ideas?

DArce
高評価コントリビューター III
4,366件の閲覧回数

Let me check back on this behavior as this is a beta release.

Thank you for your feedback on this matter.

CKusm1
ビギナー
4,366件の閲覧回数

I was having the same problem for a long time after I transferred everything from my old laptop to my new one. It was very frustrating, I tried everything I could think of and read about to fix it and nothing worked for me. I was just about to give up when I stumbled upon a solution.

From my Desktop I right-clicked on the XBMC shortcut and selected "Troubleshoot Compatibility". It decided that I should run it in windows XP service pack 2 compatibility. I said "Okay Windows 7,... give it a shot!"

Whammy, it finally fixed my problem for me. I should have just asked Windows 7 earlier.

CKusm1
ビギナー
4,366件の閲覧回数

I was having the same problem for a long time after I transferred everything from my old laptop to my new one. It was very frustrating, I tried everything I could think of and read about to fix it and nothing worked for me. I was just about to give up when I stumbled upon a solution.

From my Desktop I right-clicked on the XBMC shortcut and selected "Troubleshoot Compatibility". It decided that I should run it in windows XP service pack 2 compatibility. I said "Okay Windows 7,... give it a shot!"

Whammy, it finally fixed my problem for me. I should have just asked Windows 7 earlier.

RSchi6
初心者
4,366件の閲覧回数

Wow...Thanks Sword0fTheSpirit! This issue has been going on for months, and everyone is waiting for new drivers from Intel to fix it At least using XP Compatibility mode fixes it until the drivers come out!

CMcFa
ビギナー
4,366件の閲覧回数

while the beta drivers affect the corruption seen on the fanart/posters - it also seems to introduce a bug in the VC1 hardware acceleration, all the VC1 videos playback with horrible artifacts

CMaso1
ビギナー
4,307件の閲覧回数

mcfaul,

You said "while the beta drivers affect the corruption seen on the fanart/posters - it also seems to introduce a bug in the VC1 hardware acceleration, all the VC1 videos playback with horrible artifacts." I'd really like to know what your artifacts look like. Do they look anything like my artifacts? These are the green lines that I was talking about from my earlier post. Does anyone else have this?

CMcFa
ビギナー
4,307件の閲覧回数

yes, only large areas , covering 50-75% of the picture

and the other 25% wasn't right either, lol

AFedc
初心者
4,307件の閲覧回数

Craigino,

Are you sure what xbmc uses dxva2 decoding for VC1. Press "O" to look that. As I know xbmc doesn't use dxva2 decoding for VC1 on Intel.

CMaso1
ビギナー
4,307件の閲覧回数

Nightik,

Let me break it down for you. I'm not exactly sure about the VC1 stuff. When I play an HD video I get that green line. In the following examples of Mediainfo, https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwBK9sskacxhcnJpZ20wbFZCbWs/edit?usp=sharing SB movie has the green line on the left side only but https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwBK9sskacxhVEdjRi1uWklfUnc/edit?usp=sharing WB has it on the top and left sides. And pressing "o" on my first 10 movies that are HD shows ff-H264-DXVA2. Of those 10 movies, everyone had at least one green line. And I am using this driver 9.18.10.3214 with Haswell. Tell me how to tell you if it's VC1 and I will test it.

CMcFa
ビギナー
4,307件の閲覧回数

then all of those videos are H264..... not VC1.. it says RIGHT THERE

somewhat obviously, if they were VC1 then it would display:

ff-VC1 or ff-VC1-DVXA

(depending on whether you were using DXVA hardware acceleration or not)

CMcFa
ビギナー
4,307件の閲覧回数

generally EVERYTHING you will download from the internet will be H264... usually you would only get VC1 on actual blu-rays (and rips you make yourself from blurays)

CMaso1
ビギナー
4,307件の閲覧回数

Well, it would only be obvious if I had a Blu-ray playing through my XBMC,

which I don't. And then in that case I would see the ff-VC1-DXVA. That

would be obvious. What does all of this really mean? It means we still need a

new driver. And here I waite.

ASabz
ビギナー
4,366件の閲覧回数

Although using Windows XP compatibility does solve the problems in the XBMC skins, it starts another issue with passthrough audio device that is not recognized.

I prefer have the skin not work but have the movie play perfectly.

CMcFa
ビギナー
4,366件の閲覧回数

well its not just passthru audio

the reason compatibilty mode "fixes!" the graphical corruption in the skin is because its essenaitally completely disables all hardware acceleration - so you also lose the dxva h264 and vc1 acceleration as well as passhtru audio

so its is pretty "useless" "fix" unfortunately

CMaso1
ビギナー
4,366件の閲覧回数

That leads back to the other "fixes" people are talking about, basically disabling hardware acceleration from within XBMC. At least that way the passthru audio still works. And applying the beta driver, people are saying it fixes video playback, but does it really? My navigation of XBMC is better with the beta driver, but the vids aren't playing correctly. Some videos are jerky or jumpy in motion; and that's with hardware acceleration disable. With hardware acceleration enabled I get a green boarder around video, but the jerky motion problem goes away...

CMcFa
ビギナー
4,366件の閲覧回数

its crazy they cant get this right, and that its been so long since there has been an update

CMaso1
ビギナー
4,366件の閲覧回数

It is crazy. But isn't there a similar issue with the 3rd generations chips that still has not been resolved? How long have those chips been out? People are paying a good chunk of change for these chips and is seems as though we are stuck with a defect and no immediate resolution. I also think there are more people waiting for a resolution from the sidelines than are being heard in forums like these.

CKusm1
ビギナー
4,366件の閲覧回数

Everything seems to be working fine on my system now. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone, but its certainly not a useless fix for me.

CMcFa
ビギナー
4,366件の閲覧回数

while you are watching a video.. press the letter "o"

at the top.. under video.. does it show FF-H246 and FF-VC1 (depending on the video)

or does it show FF-DXVA-H264 and FF-DXVA-VC1

if it doenst have the DXVA in it, then you arent getting hardware accelerated video

RSchi6
初心者
4,366件の閲覧回数
mcfaul - Using the XP SP3 Compatibility, mine shows "ff-h264-dxva2".

So I guess I'm not loosing any hardware acceleration, and everything looks great. I did notice that some audio was screwed up using the hdmi interface though.

返信