Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20949 Discussions

Crash Macbook 12 (Boot Camp) - Windows 10 x64 HD 515 (21.20.16.4534)

Lo_S_
Beginner

Since the latest driver update the drivers crash on windows x64 architecture. The only difference i had is using two desktops (virtualized.

I apologize for keeping it brief, the details are in the screens and files attached.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Lo_S_
Beginner

I can confirm that the screen flickering issue resolved in the latest Intel driver version - the version to which this thread is dedicated to.

However now rather frequently once the system ACPI mode changes (e.g. black screen) the System is showing a very high CPU load.

This seems to be the same issue that spans several Macbook generations as indicated in this related thread:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/56126

The problem is that at the core this is an Intel not an Apple issue, as investigation beyond Process-Explorer using DPC Latency Checker

reveals ACPI Kernel calls to be the heart of the majority of these interrupts.

For those that seek an  immediate solution: Turn up the delay span when the computer changes the ACPI mode. This will ultimately consume much less energy than discovering half an hour later that the CPU was constantly running at 100%!!

Update: The System might still go into a phase of 100% System load, especially after a longer period of low CPU taxation with little to hardly any usage.

Remedy: What always helps in 100% of all cases (out of almost 100 involuntary subjected tests) is to put the system into Standby and resume from there. It is far les than ideal however since for some reason resuming under Windows 10 takes a few seconds as opposed to MacOS where it its basically instant.

0 Kudos