Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Creative apps flicker whit new intel graphics drivers.

Cteja
Novice

For a year now I have tried to find the solution to a very severe problem that I have with my graphics card "Intel HD 630".

Many users are experiencing the same flickering problem with creative applications such as Photoshop, After Effects, Lightroom and Maya. This same problem has been described by others in this Intel community and there is not good answers to solve it.

The problem is a slight screen brightness change on the monitoring view of the application. This happens every time you perform an action like zoom in, zoom out, move an object, etc.

I tested all the scenarios trying to find the solution to this problem.

This is my results:

1. Disabling my Geforce GTX 1060 in the device manager and just leave the Intel Graphic 630.

Result=Problem persist.

2. Disabling Intel Graphics 630 in the device manager.

Result= Problem fix.

(This is not a good alternative because all the graphic on the computer gets slow and I can't access to the Nvidia control panel)

3. Installing an old driver, in this case, version 21.20.16.4860 or lower.

Result= Problem Fix.

(This is not a good option because some of my creative apps need new drivers to work properly.

4.Changing Display orientation on Windows settings, from "Landscape" to other modes: Portrait, Landscape(flipped), Portrait(flipped).

Result= Problem Fix.

(This is not a convenient solution for all laptop users.)

My final conclusion:

Intel has a very serious bug in their newest drivers affecting a lot of laptops of different brands with the same problem.

We are waiting a while for a solution.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You MUST use the drivers provided by your laptop manufacturer, especially since you have dual graphics. In your case, install both the nvidia and intel drivers from your manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos
Cteja
Novice

Hi! I also did that. I restored my computer and make sure that I installed the original manufacturer drivers of my laptop.

The problem still the same in apps like Lightroom and Adobe Premiere Pro even don't want to work properly with these drivers.

Too many costumers are experimenting with this issue even with different laptops brands. You can find more cases similar in this community.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Then you need to work with your laptop manufacturer, as they are responsible for support and warranty of your laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos