Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21094 Discussions

Custom Aspect Ratio Wont Apply

RMarr1
Beginner

Hi, I have a Samsung LCD TV HDMI connected to my HTPC, which is built on an ASUS P8Z77-M PRO motherboard with Intel Z77 chipset and HD4000 graphics. I am now running Windows 8.1 with the latest drivers (10.18.10.3316) but had the same problem on Windows 8 before that recent upgrade.

My problems is that I need to set a Custom Aspect Ratio to scale the HTPC screen to fit the Samsung TV. However, when I set the Horizontal and Vertical settings through the HD Graphics Control Panel and then click Apply the settings are ignored and there is no change to the scaling of the screen.

This is a twist as when I first built this HTPC in January this year I was running Windows 8 and the scaling settings worked fine. Sadly, a few months later my original SSD drive failed and I had to rebuild the system from scratch and with that got new graphics drivers. Other than the SSD the hardware has not changed (TV, motherboard, even HDMI cable) and so this appears to be a software change in the more recent Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 HD4000 drivers.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
0 Replies