Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

DCH drivers out of date every day?

PhilT56
Beginner

i run the driver assistant program and it will say I need to update the DCH graphics drivers. I do the update and it says I am UpToDate . But then it seems 2 days later, it says I am out f date again. I do the update and again up to date. And this repeats.

Is this driver really changing every other date or is something happening where my system is backing it out or not reflecting the correct version?

intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers

Description:
This download installs Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.3222/31.0.101.2111 for Xe Dedicated, 6th-12th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor Graphics, and related Intel Atom®, Pentium®, and Celeron® processors. Driver version varies depending on the Intel Graphics in the system.
Version:
Release date:
July 26, 2022
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

What is happening is that, after you update, Microsoft comes along and installs an older driver.

You need to block/hide the older driver from being installed.  To do this, use the Microsoft wushowhide utility:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/53184.show-or-hide-updates-utility-fixing-automatic-installation-of-a-problematic-update-in-windows-10-version-1903.aspx

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos