Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

DSA Graphics driver not downloading

Marco_
Beginner

For the recent graphics drivers DSA refuses to download the graphics driver only, for an Alder Lake laptop, other drivers will download and install. The progress counter will advance a couple percent then reset to zero a couple times then just stay at 0. Downloading and installing the driver manually works and will result in DSA showing the driver as up to date, but the problem repeats for the next update.

I've reinstalled DSA while removing the log directory, same problem.

Don't seem entirely alone with this problem :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-update-stays-at-0/184fd0dc-2ada-4131-96b8-68bfe5d9761b

PS. if I open the website front end in Firefox instead of Edge, the progress ping pongs up and down a little faster but it still never finishes. It seems to be using the Microsoft BITS to download the driver, I think the other drivers manage to install because the downloads are small enough for DSA not to screw them up by resetting the download halfway.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Marco_, conqvist, I just received an update on this matter.

We just wanted to let you know that there was a fix done today in the Intel® DSA to resolve this issue. The issue with some downloads offered by Intel® DSA not downloading is resolved. This was due to a change in Microsoft BITS infrastructure that impacted the way Intel® DSA downloaded drivers. Our Intel® DSA team has implemented a fix on our end to handle this change and the latest Intel® DSA version released Oct 14, 2022, should resolve this. Please check in Intel® DSA settings for v22.6.42.2, it should silently update to the latest version.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
conqvist
Beginner

I am experiencing the same issue for about a week. The download will start, the bar starts to fill but suddenly restarts from the beginning. This keeps happening over and over and the download never finishes. Pls let me know if I can be of any assistance by supplying log files etc.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Marco_,conqvist, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

For this scenario, we recommend to scan with different browsers. You mention you already tested Edge and Firefox, did you test Chrome as well? Those are the three web browsers supported by the tool.

You can also attempt to clear the browser cache and then try rescanning the Intel® DSA tool.

Even though you also explained that you already try to uninstall the application, for testing purposes, if the problem persists, run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller version 22.6.39.9:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19333/intel-driver-support-assistant-uninstaller.html?v=t

Restart and install the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant version 22.6.39.9:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18002/intel-driver-support-assistant.html?wapkw=dsa

If the issue remains, please provide the following details:

What is the model of the laptop?

Was this problem of not installing the driver happening before?

If not, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

The latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller log file: using File Explorer, search for DSAUninstaller.log

And the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant log files: using File Explorer: go to folder = C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or entire folder as indicated in the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056654/software/software-applications.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
conqvist
Beginner

Thanks for your response Albert. I tried the uninstaller and also running Chrome. I still experience the same issue. I have attached the requested files and responded to the questions below:

What is the model of the laptop? HP Spectre x360 14-ea0xxx

Was this problem of not installing the driver happening before? Yes

If not, when did the issue start? About a week ago.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem? No

Which Windows* version are you using? Windows 11

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? At home

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

You may download the Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.3430/31.0.101.2111 and install it manually. You should be aware (please read the Description on the Download page), that this is Intel Generic Driver and after installing if you have installed customized by OEM driver,  it will be overwritten.

Leon

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Marco_, conqvist, I just received an update on this matter.

We just wanted to let you know that there was a fix done today in the Intel® DSA to resolve this issue. The issue with some downloads offered by Intel® DSA not downloading is resolved. This was due to a change in Microsoft BITS infrastructure that impacted the way Intel® DSA downloaded drivers. Our Intel® DSA team has implemented a fix on our end to handle this change and the latest Intel® DSA version released Oct 14, 2022, should resolve this. Please check in Intel® DSA settings for v22.6.42.2, it should silently update to the latest version.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
conqvist
Beginner

Hello Alberto,

Thank you for the update on the issue and I can confirm the download is now working.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello conqvist, Thank you very much for confirming those results.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Marco_, Were you able to test the Intel® DSA update?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Marco_, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Marco_
Beginner

Sorry for the late reply, yes the update has solved it. It's now downloading normally.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Marco_, No problem at all, thank you very much for your response.

Perfect, it is great to know that update has solved it and now the Intel® DSA is downloading normally.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos