Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21061 Discussions

DSA says No supported driver or software updates are available for your system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

minfm_0-1706820624532.pngminfm_1-1706820650554.png

what does "No supported driver or software updates are available for your system" means? does it mean something wrong with this computer? when i open up a website the white background is a little too white, that is why i m trying to reinstall the graphic driver, i dont know if that is gonna fix it.  anyway , can i get some help please. thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It means exactly that. There is nothing in this system that IDSA supports updates for.

Intel has never supported the use of 1st gen (or 2nd gen) processors with Windows 10. Microsoft provides a compatibility driver that allows these processors' graphics engine to be used, but this is a very old driver with poor performance and poor compatibility with the latest graphics libraries (OpenGL, OpenCL, DirectX, etc.).

Same goes for the processor and chipset. Support for the devices in the processor and chipset is provided inbox with Windows 10. There are simply no updates for anything this old.

You should uninstall IDSA and look for driver maintenance support through Windows Update or one of the 3rd-party driver maintenance tools.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Senkuchan
Valued Contributor II
I noticed that you are using windows 10. The error you encountered may be due to the compatibility of the driver for your processor and graphics card, which are designed for windows 7 and vista. IDSA is fetching the driver from the intel website, but those drivers are generic. You may want to install the driver from the sony website, as it is customized for your system. Here is the link for the generic driver, in case you need it. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/50178/intel-core-i3380m-processor-3m-cache-2-53-ghz/downloads.html

You can also refer to this link for the list of discontinued intel products: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005733/graphics.html

By the way, have you tested the issue with a different browser to rule out any browser-specific problems? Which browser are you having issues with?
0 Kudos