Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Device not started (igfx) In windows 10

i7-10750h
Beginner

Hello. I tried to use new mini pc from china.

I'm suffering from black screen issues.

I have reinstalled windows 10, and latest intel cpu graphic drivers,

but it issues black screen with "device can't start(igfx)" and "WindowsBlackScreenDiagnosticsV1".

whenever black screen happens, I need to restart graphic card drivers with ctrl+windows+shift+B several times, then it can be used not badly.

But sometimes it doesn't turn on ever.

I think my internal graphic card have error.

Intel diagnostic tools said all pass (no error), but I don't know that in terms of apu.

But gpu benchmark software said it will be ok.

All software said it has no error, but I need to help.

mini pc specs:

i7-10750h, and B250 mainboard from china.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello i7-10750h,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Core™ i7-10750H Processor.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following

1. Did you present the issues out of the box?

2. Can you provide a link for the motherboard/PC or the exact brand and model name of the PC/motherboard?

3. Did the processor come preinstalled on this motherboard?

4. Can you take a picture of the computer>

5. Are you using the graphics from the processor or from a dedicated video card?

6. Have you contacted the motherboard/PC manufacturer about this issue?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
i7-10750h
Beginner
Onboard-cpu it is.
Only integrated gpu used.
They provided only intel's.

I bought this:
₩ 169,456 21%OFF | TexHoo-미니 PC 컴퓨터, 인텔 코어 i7 10750H i5 10300H i3 N5095 AMD 프로세서, 윈도우즈 10 프로 11 리눅스 Pfsense 시스템 장치 사무실
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOPXSUU

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello i7-10750h,  

Thanks for the information provided. Based on your unit and the steps that you performed, if the clean installation of the Intel drivers did not work I recommend you to check this issue with the manufacturer of this NUC.

Here are the steps in case you have not tried it:

Since this is not an Intel NUC, I recommend you to check with the manufacturer since they have customized drivers that are meant to work and be compatible with the motherboard and BIOS that they built.

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello i7-10750h,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
i7-10750h
Beginner
Unfortunately, they have no custom drivers.
Can I know if graphic card in cpu has error?
I want to know why sometimes pc works well but doesn't do sometimes.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello i7-10750h,  

Thanks for your reply. I would like to let you know that you have a highly customized device (similar to a laptop) that is using an Intel CPU. If the clean install did not help and The Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool is not giving any errors, it means that the CPU is working properly.

The problem with the computer that works sometimes and sometimes does not, maybe related to the RAM, BIOS, motherboard, or an unsupported driver (generic driver like Intel drivers).

I recommend you check with the computer manufacturer so they can run a hardware test for their device to confirm if the unit has any hardware issues, if needs any system updates, or if a replacement is needed.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos