Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21076 Discussions

Device not started in windows device manager

Podaen
New Contributor I

Is this normal?

2023-07-10 12_34_17-Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770 Properties.png

SSU report

- "Display"
Intel ® Graphics Driver Version:"Not Available"
- "Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770"
Adapter Compatibility:"Intel Corporation"
Adapter DAC Type:"Internal"
Adapter RAM:"1,00 GB"
Availability:"Running or Full Power"
Bits Per Pixel:"32"
- "Caption":"Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770"
Link:"http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=UHD+Graphics+770"
CoInstallers:"oem50.inf,iRPLSD_w10_DS,Internal,Intel(R) UHD Graphics Family"
Color Table Entries:"4294967296"
Dedicated Video Memory:"Not Available"
Driver:"igdkmdn64.sys"
Driver Date:"06/15/2023 02:00 am"
Driver Path:"C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_3b3ce26993cf233b\igdkmdn64.sys"
Driver Provider:"Intel Corporation"
Driver Version:"31.0.101.4502"
INF:"oem50.inf"
INF Section:"iRPLSD_w10_DS"
Install Date:"Not Available"
Installed Drivers:"<>,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_3b3ce26993cf233b\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_3b3ce26993cf233b\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_3b3ce26993cf233b\igd12umd64.dll"
Last Error Code:"Not Available"
Last Error Code Description:"Not Available"
Last Reset:"Not Available"
Manufacturer:"Intel Corporation"
Microsoft DirectX* Version:"DirectX 12"
Monochrome:"No"
Number of Colors:"4294967296"
Number of Video Pages:"Not Available"
PNP Device ID:"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A780&SUBSYS_7D911462&REV_04\3&11583659&0&10"
Power Management Capabilities:"Not Available"
Power Management Supported:"Not Available"
Refresh Rate - Current:"59 Hz"
Refresh Rate - Maximum:"120 Hz"
Refresh Rate - Minimum:"23 Hz"
Resolution:"3840 X 2160"
Scan Mode:"Noninterlaced"
Service Name:"igfxn"
Video Architecture:"VGA"
Video Memory:"Unknown"
Video Processor:"Intel(R) UHD Graphics Family"

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

@Podaen wrote:

Is this normal?

It is not normal.

Scroll down and click the last event at the bottom to expose the actual error.

Then review this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/error-codes-in-device-manager-in-windows-524e9e89-4dee-8883-0afa-6bca0456324e

0 Kudos
Podaen
New Contributor I

Thanks man, Really helpful!

I suspect the error code is "Problem Status: 0xC00000E5" ? If I am right, the code E5 in dec. is 16. This is the information I found for code 16

Full Error Message

“Windows cannot identify all the resources this device uses. To specify additional resources for this device, click the Resources tab and fill in the missing settings. Check your hardware documentation to find out what settings to use. (Code 16)”

Cause

The device is only partly configured and might need additional manual configuration of the resources the device requires.

Recommended Resolution

The following steps might only work if the device is a Plug and Play device. If the device is not Plug and Play, you can refer to the device documentation or contact the device manufacturer for more information.

1. From Start, search for device manager and select Device Manager from the results.

2. Double-click the device in the list, and choose the Resources tab.

3. In the Resource Settings list, check to see if there is a question mark next to a resource. If so, select that resource, and assign it to the device.

4. If a resource cannot be changed, click Change Settings. If Change Settings is unavailable, try to clear the Use automatic settings check box to make it available.

This the information in my resources

Memory Range 0000006000000000 - 0000006000FFFFFF

Memory Range 0000004000000000 - 000000400FFFFFFF

I/O Range 4000 - 403F

IRQ 0xFFFFFFCC (-52)

2023-07-11 15_04_34-Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770 Properties.png

The change settings seems unavailable and I don't know where to find this info...

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/230493/intel-core-i513600k-processor-24m-cache-up-to-5-10-ghz/specifications.html

Some additional info from me... I recently saw in the Arc Control App that some information was missing in settings, system info. Things like GT frequency, GT memory frequency, Memory bandwidth and Bus width/interface. Not sure, but maybe it helps.

2023-07-11 14_46_47-Device not started in windows device manager - Intel Community — Mozilla Firefox.png

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Seriously? No, E5 is not 16.

Error 0xc00000e5 usually means that prerequisite executable file(s) is/are either corrupted, infected, or not properly installed.

...S

0 Kudos
Podaen
New Contributor I

I did a lookup what GT memory means and this is what I found

GT memory from an iGPU is the memory that is used by the integrated graphics processor (iGPU) of a CPU. It is usually shared with the system memory (RAM) and depends on the memory speed and configuration. Different iGPUs have different amounts of GT memory and performance.

I recently set my sticks to an uncompressed format. Could it be that this is the problem?

These are my sticks (dual channel)

https://www.gskill.com/specification/165/393/1661410171/F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N-Specification

0 Kudos
Podaen
New Contributor I

The uncompressed memory wasn't the problem.

@n_scott_pearsonYour right... Bin to fast with google. 🙂 Thanks!

I will try to install it to safe mode.

0 Kudos
Podaen
New Contributor I

I don't know anymore what to do. I am out of ideas

I disabled windows securtity features

Disconnected from internet

removed arc control

removed driver inf files manualy (one by one)

downloaded the DDU removal tool

boot in to safe mode and run the tool

reboot in normal mode

preformed a clean installation of the intel driver

still the device is not started with the Intel driver... The basic driver from windows does

2023-07-11 17_21_14-Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770 Properties.png2023-07-11 17_21_30-Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770 Properties.png

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you installed the Chipset Device Software and Intel Management Engine packages?

...S 

0 Kudos
Podaen
New Contributor I

The mobo chipset I did... the Intel Management Engine packages not sure, I will look in to that. thanks!

0 Kudos
Podaen
New Contributor I

Nah, for sure something is preventing the device to start...

And it seems that it is not the only one that doesn't start

1. 2023-07-12 01_25_13-HD Audio Driver for Display Audio Properties.png

But what does it actualy mean because, my display is working (except the black border around it) and I have audio. The information I get is very limited from the device manager.

If I look at the SSU report... many things are unavailable too.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Podaen

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. We are sorry you are experiencing error messages on the device manager.

If I might jump into the conversation, we would like to add that in case you are not experiencing any type of issues on your system's graphics behavior these messages can be ignored since they can happen when Windows has detected that a device's status changed.  Unless there is a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager, there should not be any issues with the driver or system.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Podaen
New Contributor I

No yellow marks so I think it is OK.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Podaen

Please let us know if you need further assistance or have further questions related to this topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Podaen

Thank you for letting us know. If there are no yellow marks in the device manager, everything should be ok on your system. Please let us know if you have further questions related to this topic or if we should go ahead and close this thread.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Podaen

I see there are no further questions related to this topic so we will proceed to close this thread. Feel free to open a new topic If you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos